Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

- - - - -

Tube Temperature In Primary Reformer Convection Section

tmt exchanger convection section

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 siraj paracha

siraj paracha

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 11:28 PM

Hello & good day.

I am working at Ammonia Plant. Here we have Primary Reformer where in the Radiant Chamber we fire Natural Gas for Reforming reaction while the waste heat is recovered in Convection section of the Reformer. We have 09 cross flow heat Exchanger installed in the Convection Section for heat recovery.

As these exchanger are not of the conventional type, i need to know that if i have to calculate the tube metal temperatures of each exchanger; how could i perform that manually. Like Vendor has given a software in which we can calculate it but I need to do it manually.

I have searched many papers and have got different methods to calculate. Currently, i am doing the calculations but i need you people to share with me your experiences if any, regarding the calculations.

Thanks for your support.

Muhammad Siraj Uddin

#2 breizh

breizh

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 6,292 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 01:55 AM

Hi ,

Probably the best way to get an answer is to supply your calculation for us to review .

My 2 cents

Breizh

#3 siraj paracha

siraj paracha

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 12:50 PM

@ breizh

yeah i would love to but i am afraid, i can not upload it currently as i am amidst of it and currently making the calculator.

It would be a great help if you people can supply me with the basic idea so that i can akin my calculations and see either i am in the right direction or not.

Thanks