Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Claus Process Safety

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 SaifBT

SaifBT

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:16 AM

Hello everyone, I require some help regarding my senior design project. The topic is Health, Safety and Environment.

My team has assigned me for this to report to speak about HSE regarding the Claus process. I have already wrote a general introductory, and have identified the two biggest safety concerns regarding the Claus process: High temperatures & Hazardous gases.

As you can see, I have already spoken about the Hazardous gases part by using several online resources including MSDS(material safety data sheet) for each of the toxic gases but for the "High temperature" part which involves the thermal stage of the Claus process, I could not find a single article that speaks of the safety issues regarding the high temperatures involved in that stage.

I have only found 1 article which speaks of thermal stage challenges but it mostly revolves around economics and cost-saving than about safety.

If anyone can please guide me to an article or tell me what to search/write about, it would be very helpful.

PS: My paper is due tomorrow:D

Thanks in advance, Saif.

Attached Files