Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Parallel & Series Centrifugal Pump

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Yani

Yani

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:47 PM

Dear all,

I have case in my water treatment plant. Plant capacity is 4000 m3/h, normal operation we use single pump to transfer water from storage A to C (see drawing attach). and now we want to revamp my transfer water with run parallel pump at A and booster at C. Please give us the best suggestion how to operate that at save condition. The size of pipe line transfer is 28IN Sch STD. Base on manufacture recommendation MCSF of pump is 2000 m3/h.

Attached File  Skema System.JPG   42.9KB   2 downloads

Attached File  Curve Pump.JPG   67.92KB   1 downloads

#2 ankur2061

ankur2061

Gold Member

• Forum Moderator
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 03:53 AM

Yani,

Refer the following links:

http://www.cheresour...s-and-parallel/

http://www.cheresour...trifugal-pumps/

Regards,

Ankur.

#3 Yani

Yani

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:12 AM

Dear Ankur,

Thanks in advanced for your reply. I have been read those article before. But in many others reference explain that when we run parallel pump total flow not twice flow of each pump but the total flow less than twice of pump (for identical pump). in other hand in my existing plant not install circulation line because in normal operation we always use single pump to transfer water.

Have you reference how to simulate my system so that we can give suggestion to my operation division how to operate transfer pump and booster pump safely. in my opinion when we run two pump at 2000 m3/h the total flow my be just 3500 m3/h when we run booster pump parallel too. because when we throttle discharge valve the curve system will be move to the left.

#4 breizh

breizh

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 6,339 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:16 PM

Hi Yani and others ,

there is a very nice free software on internet called PSIM (process system improvement modelling tool) which can support your work . Of course you need to provide necessary information about your system and the pump . Go through the examples provided and then built your own model . It's worth to use it , for better understanding what fluid dynamic is about .

Good luck

Breizh

Edited by breizh, 30 January 2017 - 02:56 AM.

#5 Yani

Yani

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 07:55 PM

Dear Breizh,

Thanks a lots for your information. I'll try it.

regards

Yani