Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

The Temperature Of Flash In Hysys

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Hanqin

Hanqin

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:41 PM

Dear all:

I am a senior student in UH( University of Houston). Now I use the hysys to do our project.

Problem 1: I want to setup the temperature of flash. But I didn't find where to setup the temperature. I don't want to set the fraction. I want HYSYS calculate it.

Problem 2: I try to simulate the AGRU( use MEA to absorb the H2S). After the 106( gas out ). I want to put a 3 phase separator. Vapor( h2s and CO2). light product( organic). Heavy product ( water) Is this a good idea? Do you have some suggestion?

Here I attach a screenshot of the HYSYS and my file.

The version of my HYSYS is V9.

Thank you so much.

Sincerely,

Hanqin Zhao 

Attached Files

#2 colt16

colt16

Gold Member

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 10:46 PM

For problem #1, since you have already fixed the feed, the specification of pressure will determine the amount flashed. There are no more degrees of freedom left. Unless you attach an energy stream, that allows you to provide heat/cooling duty to change the temperature to give you an additional degree of freedom. 

Problem #2 - very hard to decide without seeing a flowsheet. But in general as the designer it is up you to laydown whatever equipment it is you think is needed for the process to achieve whatever objectives you desire.