Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

- - - - -

Variation Of Efficiency Of Condenser

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 rsk

rsk

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 116 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 11:06 AM

In a typical water vapour adsorption dryer one of the bed is being regenerated while other in adsorption cycle. Regeneration is a cyclic process whereby bed of dessicant is heated by recirculation of hot air through bed . The moisture laden hot air is cooled by chilled water in condenser for removal of moisture then reheated by heater and recirculated to bed.The process is continued for 3 hrs during which the hot air temp from bed outlet which is inlet to condenser rises gradually while on other side of condenser constant flow chilled water is maintained. In this case condenser thermal performance will vary with progress of heating.

#2 rsk

rsk

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 116 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 11:11 AM

How thermal efficiency of condenser will vary. What factors will decide...

#3 Bobby Strain

Bobby Strain

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,529 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:51 PM

The material in the dryer is desiccant. This does not sound like a real application. What is your interest?

Bobby

#4 Art Montemayor

Art Montemayor

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:44 PM

RSK:

Like Bobby Strain, I am also at a loss as to what you are inquiring about and your written description of what I believe is an adsorption drying process is difficult to understand.

Kindly refer to the attached flow diagram of an adsorption drying system I've designed and built in the past for CO2.  I've also used this same process for air, nitrogen, oxygen, natural gas, and nitrous oxide.  I know it works and it has met all specified design results - with a product dew point as low as -90 oF.  I've designed other configurations, but I think this is something like what you are trying to describe.

If your process configuration is different from mine, draw a correct version of yours and submit it in this thread.  Use the sketch to correctly explain your query.

Await your reply.

Attached File  Adsorption System Configuration.xlsx   20.1KB   177 downloads