Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Hysys Cdu Issue

pump around problem hysys cdu preheat train

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 zeeshan uddin

zeeshan uddin

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 11:54 AM

Hello experts,

I hope u all are doing fine. This is my first time to any forum.

I have simulated my refinery column (an orthodox one) in Hysys by characterizing crude and specifying operating parameter like P,T, flow,etc. Our column overhead contains kero minus fraction and one gas oil side stripper, operating with top and middle pump arounds.

for preheat we have cold and hot preheat train which utilizes hot streams from pump arounds and bottom products of other towers.

I have simulated in a relatively simple manner, like using one heater instead of multiple exchangers as preheat train.

Adding preheat exchangers are driving me nuts and i find my self completely paralyzed to do so. I also had a look to solved example in hysys which proves that preheat train could be efficiently added to tower simulation. but my question is how.???

any help in this regard would be highly appreciated and will be proven motivation to continue with forums.

#2 zeeshan uddin

zeeshan uddin

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 04:12 AM

w8ing for sincere answers. 

#3 titim

titim

Gold Member

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:31 AM

hi please can you attach some documents for more information. and the simulation file (hysys and which version used please).

Edited by titim, 16 April 2017 - 02:32 AM.

#4 zeeshan uddin

zeeshan uddin

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 06:09 AM

yes! why not, V9 hysys

this is what I have successfully simulated. I just need to add 2 preheat exchangers before the furnace. these two utilize top and middle pump around to exchange energy with crude.

Attached Files

Edited by zeeshan uddin, 16 April 2017 - 06:29 AM.

#5 titim

titim

Gold Member

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 02:16 AM

hi, yes of course you can do it, but is it a real case or just for studying, you find it in attachment, but i have a question pleasee :how have you  choose the column type i can't find it in the palet or can you show me the steps to do it. thank you

Attached Files

Edited by titim, 18 April 2017 - 09:10 AM.

#6 zeeshan uddin

zeeshan uddin

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:33 AM

thnx bro! but how did you do that, kindly help me with the steps?

It is my refinery column.

ok! when I enter in column environment, I find my previous attached pump around intact and untouched, why didn't you remove them and what will be the effects in both cases, by keeping and removing them.

In palette>go to columns> select Absorber column sub flowsheet.

then double click on it and just make sure to tick pump around option. then enjoy!

w8ing 4 ur reply

Edited by zeeshan uddin, 18 April 2017 - 11:38 AM.

#7 zeeshan uddin

zeeshan uddin

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:01 PM

kindly tell me that how do you manage to get sub flowsheet's streams out into main simulation environment?

#8 titim

titim

Gold Member

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:23 AM

of course we are hire to share our knowladge

first of all 

the draw and return streams can be exported directly to the main PFD. To do this, open the Side Ops | Pump Arounds page of the Column property view. Activate the "Export" check box beside each pump around installed, as shown in the image below: run after each activation.

Attached Files

#9 zeeshan uddin

zeeshan uddin

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:36 AM

thnx Man!! 

Ok now, I exported the material streams that have cooler attached in sub flowsheets. does adding an exchanger in the main flowsheet for the same stream (let say top Pump Around) could affect the calculations or convergence criteria? Does it affect the duty of an exchanger?