Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Cluster Wells

oil cluster wells design

2 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 B.M. Process

B.M. Process

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:06 AM

Dear Engineers (Petroleum & Process),

I am wondering if anyone could me some materials on cluster wells design. My client is studying on cutting down the field surface facilities by initiating ways to lump a number of wells together at one well pad. These oil wells will be drilled within the same well pad, some of which could be drilled with diverted or horizontal orientation.

The international is to reduce the number of line pipes that would otherwise be used for the flow lines for individual wells. The wells will then have a common trunk line and, of course, a common launcher and a receiver at the oil gathering manifold.

The challenge that is envisioned here is the possibility of having to shut down all the wells whenever there is some maintenance work on the common trunk line. Another issue is the piping arrange at the same well pad, especially given the fact there has to be one production header, one drain header, and one test header.

Please, if anyone has a background in a cluster or nested oil wells design, try to share your experience with me so that we could consider possible options. 

Find the attachedAttached File  Capture-cluserwells.JPG   63.5KB   0 downloads drawing for reference.

#2 Bobby Strain

Bobby Strain

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,529 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:33 AM

Use your favorite search engine for "pad drilling".

Bobby

#3 B.M. Process

B.M. Process

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 06:36 AM

Thanks, Bobby.

I was able to get some article on the topic, and I may get more of the same.

http://www.halker.co...ll_CS_FINAL.pdf