Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Anti-Surge Control Valve Flow Characteristics

5 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Said Salim

Said Salim

Gold Member

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 06:23 AM

Dear All,

I came across an anti-surge control valve datasheet and I have noticed that the characteristic flow of the valve is "Anti-surge". Actually, I am familiar with other types of characteristic flow like linear and equal %. Any body is familiar with this type of flow characteristic so that can explain or guide in this regard

#2 fallah

fallah

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 4,952 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:11 AM

I came across an anti-surge control valve datasheet and I have noticed that the characteristic flow of the valve is "Anti-surge". Actually, I am familiar with other types of characteristic flow like linear and equal %. Any body is familiar with this type of flow characteristic so that can explain or guide in this regard

Said Salim,

In fact "Anti-Surge" isn't a characteristic of an anti-surge control valve and shows mentioned valve function.

Anyway, linear characteristics anti surge valve is mostly used in turbo compressors by pass systems due to fast increase in flow at low lift but depending on the conditions equal percentage characteristics valve might also be used in some cases.

#3 Said Salim

Said Salim

Gold Member

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:37 PM

Dear Falah,

What has made me confused was that are putting linear & Equal Percentage as options and they are marking the anti-surge as shown in the attached datasheet.

Attached Files

#4 fallah

fallah

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 4,952 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:12 AM

What has made me confused was that are putting linear & Equal Percentage as options and they are marking the anti-surge as shown in the attached datasheet.

Said Salim,

Then it's a special valve lift characteristics which is neither "Linear" nor "Equal percentage". You should ask relevant vendor for further clarification.

#5 Satyajit

Satyajit

Gold Member

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:12 PM

Hi Said,

This is an anti-surge valve of refrigeration compressor. The valve is normally linear. You can contact GE-NP or Fischer with valve datasheet to get more details. The valve should have been class V instead of class IV. Based on datasheet, aspen shows it is linear.

Kind regards,

Satyajit

#6 Said Salim

Said Salim

Gold Member

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 05:49 AM

Thanks fallah & Satyajit for your valuable comments