Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Air Separation Unit Hysys

8 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 keyser soze

keyser soze

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 09:14 AM

hello

is anyone skilled in creating aspen hysys simulations of air separation units? i am looking into a study that provides 71kg/s of gaseous oxygen and having difficulty with converging the LNG heat exchagners and LP/HP columns. any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Attached Files

#2 Padmakar Katre

Padmakar Katre

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 992 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:34 AM

keyser soze:

cheers

I have an ASU model, I don't recall the source, might have prepared as part of Hysys training program.

I am enclosing herewith, hope it helps.

Attached Files

• Attached File  ASU.zip   283.89KB   294 downloads

#3 keyser soze

keyser soze

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:30 AM

Padmakar S Katre:

thank you for your reply. it seems the file you have shared was built in a newer version of aspen hysys and i cannot open it on my older version. it is reading the following error: 'file asu.hsc was created in build 100249 and cannot be read by build 90270.'

are you able to transform it to an older version?

many thanks

#4 Padmakar Katre

Padmakar Katre

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 992 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:18 AM

keyser soze:

Yes it's in latest version of Aspen V10.  Ok, let me send you the older version file.

Attached Files

• Attached File  ASU.zip   201.69KB   182 downloads

#5 keyser soze

keyser soze

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:58 AM

recieved. thanks for your help, much appreciated

#6 stratovona266

stratovona266

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 01:33 PM

Do you guys happen to have a a cryogenic air separation unit model that only produces oxygen? Or do you guys know of a book or paper where I can find the necessary information for modelling the air separation unit? Something I can reference to.

#7 ciamba87

ciamba87

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:49 AM

I share the stratovona266's request. Moreover I miss some aspects in the simulation that Padmakar Katre attached: how can we remove the very low temperature coming from the argon column reboiler?

#8 EdenHuang

EdenHuang

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:19 AM

I share the stratovona266's request. Moreover I miss some aspects in the simulation that Padmakar Katre attached: how can we remove the very low temperature coming from the argon column reboiler?

ciamba,

it was removed by a part of oxygen-enriched liquid air from the bottom of  HP column

#9 ciamba87

ciamba87

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:17 AM

EdenHuang,

Thank you for your answer, but still I cannot understand.  Firstly I made a mistake: I did not refer to boilerbut to the condenser of argon column.  Anyway, if I understood your solution is shifting part of the oxygen-enriched liquid coming from the HP column to the argon column: but the system is slightly balanced and this solution could cause a lack of "cold" in the LP column, and so there will not be an equilibrium between the HP and the LP column.  Am I wrong?