Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Concentraition Process

8 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Arminer

Arminer

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 04:25 PM

I want to concentrate a dilute solution with particle size between 1 to 5 microns to a 50% concentration. What is the best way to filter out the water in order to have a concentrated solution in this continues system ?

#2 breizh

breizh

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 09:32 PM

Hello Arminer,

More input are needed to get a meaningful answer . What is the material you want to concentrate, what is the initial concentration ? what is the flow rate ? what do you mean by filtration  ? I believe you are looking for a process similar to evaporation .

Hope this is helping .

Breizh

#3 Arminer

Arminer

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 12:50 AM

The material is methanotrophs bacteria. the flow rate is 40 kg/min and the initial concentration is about 5%. by filtration I meant maybe pass the solution from a 1 micron filter in order to separate water from it and get to more concentrated solution. but I don't know how to clean the filter as it's a continues system. 

Armin  

#4 Arminer

Arminer

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 12:52 AM

oh and evaporation can't be done. I want something faster like mechanical dewatering, but the problem with that is that the particles get almost completely dry and I need to add water to it for the pasteurization step next. 

Edited by Arminer, 05 February 2018 - 12:53 AM.

#5 breizh

breizh

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 02:40 AM

Hi ,

Check for centrifugal decanter or dewatering screw press machine . I'm currently using this type of equipment in China to replace a press filter to separate sludge from waste water .

Consider using your favorite engine to find out this type of equipment

Hope this is helping you .

Breizh

Edited by breizh, 05 February 2018 - 02:50 AM.

#6 Arminer

Arminer

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 10:52 AM

Thank you very much.
And the research begins

#7 Arminer

Arminer

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:04 AM

A follow up question on this process. Do you think I can do the pasteurization with the evaporator so it satisfy both needs ? ( concentration and killing the bacteria ?

#8 breizh

breizh

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:22 AM

http://www.nzifst.or...ology/about.htm

Go through this website you may find what you are looking for .  You need to make an effort to tell us all the story and then you may get good pointers .

Good luck

Breizh

#9 Arminer

Arminer

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 02:14 PM

We should design a plant that uses methane to grow methanotrophs bacteria in a bubble column reactor which will be continues and not a batch. Then we have to kill the bacteria and dry them to a 5% moisture content. What do you think is the best way to setup the processes.

I just joined this forum and I'm not really familiar with it, sorry that I wasn't clear about the whole design at the beginning. They want to produce 1k tons of the bacteria per year.