Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Desuperheater Sizing

5 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 farid.k

farid.k

Gold Member

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 09:12 AM

Hye all.

Any one has guide on the de-superheater sizing?

What is important parameter that need to be considered on the de-superheater sizing? I trust the only process parameter is flow & pressure drop across it.

Knowing steam and water inlet to the de superheater will be having control valve to control the flow based on temperature element and flow element, is it ok to buy those separately (control valve and desuperheter to buy separately)

I've been informed by vendor that they don't recommend to buy separately as buying separately will potentially causing error in de-superheater sizing. Buying togather (same brand) is better. I agreed that, however, they cannot meet our process parameter (they mention cannot control min flow) for the control valve. So they have to increase a bit for minimum which i don't agreed. Thus i plan tu buy control valve and de-superheater separately. I trust it should be ok as long everything is within process parameter as per datasheet.

Appreciate your advice team

#2 Pilesar

Pilesar

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 11:28 AM

I would lean toward following the vendor's advice to buy a package. Perhaps another vendor is an expert and can meet your requirements for the complete package. Mixed vendors sounds like a potential headache if you have problems later. Desuperheating is one of those simple processes that can cause such operational trouble that you may wish you had paid a little more up front for a better design. But you may be lucky and have no problems at all. 

#3 breizh

breizh

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 12:43 PM

Hi Farid ,

To me you should consider the full package .

I have attached papers where you can find tips to support your work .

Good luck,

Breizh

Edited by breizh, 11 April 2018 - 12:48 PM.

#4 farid.k

farid.k

Gold Member

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 05:40 PM

I would lean toward following the vendor's advice to buy a package. Perhaps another vendor is an expert and can meet your requirements for the complete package. Mixed vendors sounds like a potential headache if you have problems later. Desuperheating is one of those simple processes that can cause such operational trouble that you may wish you had paid a little more up front for a better design. But you may be lucky and have no problems at all.

I would like that too. However, they mention control valve for controlling boiler feed water cannot control the minimum flow due to cavitation and they change a bit that minimum parameter which i don't agree.

Anyway thanks for the feedback.

#5 farid.k

farid.k

Gold Member

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 05:42 PM

Hi Farid ,
To me you should consider the full package .
I have attached papers where you can find tips to support your work .
Good luck,

Breizh

Thanks sir for the such great reading material!!!! This what i am looking for!!!.

Do you have example vendor for the de-superheater?

Edited by farid.k, 11 April 2018 - 05:45 PM.

#6 breizh

breizh

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 06:30 PM

Hi Farid ,

Using your favorite search engine you will find plenty of manufacturers /vendors either in China or in the rest of the world ( Graham, Spirax Sarco , Pentair ,.....).

Hope this is helping you a bit .

Breizh