Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Code Relief Valve Forms

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Guest_HelpNASA_*

Guest_HelpNASA_*
  • guestGuests

Posted 08 September 2006 - 02:46 PM

I just discovered today that there exists a UV-1 form for ASME Code relief valves. I have been working with relief valves for about 20 years, and this is the first I have heard of the form's existence. I have never received one when I purchased a Code relief valve. How long have these forms been around? I did not find any references in Sec.VIII Div.1 2001 edition, but it appeared in the 2004 edition.... I'm puzzled?

Also, ASME Sec.VIII Div.1 calls for a UV-1 form, while Sec.VIII Div.2 calls for an A-4 form; both forms appear identical except for the Div. number. Is there a difference between Div.1 and Div.2 relief valves?

#2 pleckner

pleckner

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 564 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 12:55 PM

It's good that you point this out because I never really concerned myself about the forms either. I guess I'll make sure that they are provided with any valves I specify in the future.

Division 2 is more restrictive in the choice of materials used in construction and there are no pressure limitations in applying this part of the code. There are other construction differences as well. But, I don't see where there are any differences between Divison 1 and 2 in the type of relief valves one would specify.