Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Liquefaction Of Natural Gas

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 shanti1927

shanti1927

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 08:43 PM

Hi friends I am doing simulatiing Liquefin Process on HYSYS. I have given the compostion , temperature, pressure of the dry natural gas. It enters into Plate fin Heat exchanger. I have the flow sheet. I am facing problems in converging process. I have know idea what pressure drop and flow rate I should give. Can anyone help me out with this ?

Thank You.

#2 Nirav

Nirav

Gold Member

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 08:41 PM

I think you are learning "hysis" simulation. You should start with the typical "tutorials" given in hysis manuals for gas processing. You would find it very helpful.

Flow rate is must for any simulation. Otherwise how will simulation run?? Flow rate of feed will depend on the capacity of the plant of process you are designing. Apart from it there are many more "specifications & parameters" for each equipment for simulation to converge. You need to define one by one as you go on building your flow sheet on hysis. The most interesting and complex is that of any distillation column.

Various pressure drop for equipments to put on simulation is a matter of experience. For example, a typical pressure drop for plate and frame exchanger could be 0.5 bar.

Warm regards,

#3 you

you

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 12:10 AM

Hi,
You should have the feed amount at the inlet of your plate heat exchanger (how many stram do you have with your plate heat exchanger), you just be back to the last drum where there was a separation then can take that amount .
you can put delat P = .5bars if the exchanger is new .
and if not you take 0.1 bars

• guestGuests
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 08:00 PM

I am working on coal methanol production project. The syn gas is being produced using a gasification. The operating temperature is 1500 F. I know that there are 3 reactions occurring in the gasifier.

--> Given: operating temperature and the feed composition.

I am trying to size and cost the gasification but i have no clue how to start. Can anyone help me out with this ?

#5 djack77494

djack77494

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 07:21 AM

QUOTE (tivicoo @ Mar 14 2008, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am trying to size and cost the gasification but i have no clue how to start. Can anyone help me out with this ?

tivicoo,
Unfortunately the answer to your question is "NO". You are not supplying enough information for us to even guess at the problem you want to solve. You MUST have some basis of design which MUST supply some information about flowrates. Either the flowrate(s) of your feed(s) or the expected production rate(s) of your product(s). In the latter case, much more information would be needed so that the feed could be back-calculated from the products. It is apparent to me that you have been given a task for which you do not have the needed qualifications. Please seek guidance from your seniors or outside consultants. In my opinion, you are asking much more than can be reasonably addressed in this forum.
Good Luck,
Doug