Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Reboiler Simulation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Guest_majster_*

Guest_majster_*
  • guestGuests

Posted 28 May 2007 - 04:59 AM

Hi!

I made a programme to simulate thermosyphon reboiler for water. Now I would like to compare results from my simulation to real industrial reboiler. Does anyone know where to obtain data about such units?

Thanks in advance!

#2 Steve McGahey

Steve McGahey

Gold Member

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 09:11 AM

QUOTE (majster @ May 28 2007, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi!

I made a programme to simulate thermosyphon reboiler for water. Now I would like to compare results from my simulation to real industrial reboiler. Does anyone know where to obtain data about such units?

Thanks in advance!

What you're looking for is some pretty low-level info, and I don't think it's going to be publicly available. It would be coming from a DCS which would never see the light of day outside of the control room on a plant.

Perhaps you could look for some information from a university pilot-scale rig instead? There was a distillation column (or was it?) of sorts at my home town chemical engineering department (www.cheque.uq.edu.au), but it was not used very frequently.

I seem to remember that Danish Technical University (www.kt.dtu.dk) had a building (or maybe two) full of pilot-scale equipment, and this may have included a distillation column.

If you can find someone who's feeling particularly helpful (or maybe just some students who had to work on the rig), you might get some experimental data.

Good luck,
- Steve.