Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Hysys Dynamic

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 myins

myins

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 09:57 PM

friends, i wanna ask something about dynamic simulation in hysys.
what should we take as a consideration to run in dynamic? because i've tried to run my program in dynamic but it always said ' a numerical error of some sort has occured. calculation will stop'.
i got no idea what should i do next. anybody can help me? please...

#2 smalawi

smalawi

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 138 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 10:40 PM

hi,

this error aprears if hysys is facing some math issues that could be realted to the simulation or an internal glitch in the software. best to save with a deferant name and restart hysys.

running dynamic simulation needs some getting used to, first of all. you need to size your equipment prperly, put a logical and practical control system, and most important of all build hydrulic pressure profile to support your flow rates. the thermodynamics should already been sorted out in the steady state

starting the dynamics try to use small inegration time, it will be slow but once you figure it out it you can increase it. also, you may have some liquid levels that are not in equilibrium dynamically, those you have to figure out how to initialize properly. hysys has some asstiance, but its not always what you want so consider any change doen by it and evaluate it properly.

there are few other things i can think of but needs more details to help you in it.

cheers,

sm

#3 Padmakar Katre

Padmakar Katre

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 992 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 11:16 AM

Dear,
I have one article i.e. by Aspen Tech and it is not copyrighted every one who has a valid licence of this software can take benefit of it.I am not able to upload because as of size limitation ( even it is just a single page pdf file) anyways if you share your mail id with me I will mail the same to you.

#4 JoeWong

JoeWong

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 01:58 AM

QUOTE (Padmakar S Katre @ Dec 7 2007, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear,
I have one article i.e. by Aspen Tech and it is not copyrighted every one who has a valid licence of this software can take benefit of it.I am not able to upload because as of size limitation ( even it is just a single page pdf file) anyways if you share your mail id with me I will mail the same to you.

Padmakar,

I guess it may be another long thread...

For those who is valid licenser will be provided password to access articles in ASPEN Tech Support site...The best is to provide the link here for those who are interested...

JoeWong

#5 Padmakar Katre

Padmakar Katre

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 992 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 08:40 AM

Dear JoeWong,
Yes well said.I am giving here the link so that everyone can get benefit of it.

http://support.aspen...n.pdf?id=341330