Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Is Aspen Plus Suitable For The Simulation Of Coal Conbustion ?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 y_zj

y_zj

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 07:15 PM

Hello, I am simulating the gasification process of coal, I have heard that Aspen Plus is useful in the design which is foreign to me.
Please help me.
Thanks!

Yang

• guestGuests
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 07:01 PM

Yes it is .. i found it in the examples of the Aspen program loaded in my uni computers...so I suggest you to do the same..

#3 Steven_Zhu

Steven_Zhu

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 03:38 AM

QUOTE (y_zj @ Dec 17 2007, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello, I am simulating the gasification process of coal, I have heard that Aspen Plus is useful in the design which is foreign to me.
Please help me.
Thanks!

Yang

The most problem focus on coal gasifier, it may be difficult and could not give the detail simulaiton, so using Aspen plus, we can only simple simulate coal gasifier, for example, using Gibbs reactor, also we focus our energy on the whole process.

Cheers

• guestGuests
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 03:14 AM

Yes it is useful. A detailed flow sheet of the combined cycle cogeneration plant fuelled by natural gas was prepared. The model for simulation of this plant was developed using the ASPEN PLUS software. The results generated using this model were compared with the operating data of the commercial plant generating about 43.6 MW of electricity by gas turbine and 28.6 MW of electricity by steam turbine. The electricity is supplied to the grid, whereas the low pressure steam is utilised locally for heating purposes. The key data generated using the ASPEN model are in good agreement with the operating data.
---------------------------
Sera

Guaranteed ROI