Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Reactions Hysys

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 raajesh

raajesh

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:07 PM

I'm facing some problems while specifying reactions in hysys as I'm new to hysys.
To be specific I cudn't get green color "ok" view. cud get red color warning stating "requires a reaction set". But I've already created a reaction. can someone solve my problem?

#2 Padmakar Katre

Padmakar Katre

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 992 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:01 AM

Dear,
Please could you be more specific. Are you getting problem for configuring the reaction or you are not able to recall the reaction in your simulation. The answer to your query is on the simulation basis manager click on the reactions tab the add the reaction set and the reaction by giving the unique names. While adding the reaction make sure that the reaction stichometry is fulfilled that balance error should equal to zero like e.g. H2 + 0.5 O2 = H2O in this reaction the stiochemetric coefficients are -1 for H2,-0.5 for O2 and +1 for H2O. Then you need to give some extra inputs on the basis or the parameters page of the add reaction window. Once you give this the Not Ready message will appear as the Ready it means the reaction is ready.
Now answering to the second query is how to recall the reaction set in the reactor operation reaction tab in the simulation the answer is below,
1. Either you didn't add the reaction set to the Fluid Package so its showing that the no reaction set is available. For this go back to the simulation manager and click on the add reaction set (by default there is one Global raction set) give name of the set and active and inactive the the reactions to the reaction set now if you have only one reaction you need not to add the reaction set you can work with the global reaction set associated with the recation you have made. The next step is to add the reaction set to the Fluid Package to do so select the reaction set (now say global reaction set) by just clicking single and click on the tab Add to FP. And return to the simulation and see weather the reaction is available or not.
2.Or the other thing I doubt is the unproper selection of the reactor operation. Check the type of reaction you have specified Conversion, Kinetic and accordingly select the reactor.
For further information please follow the Simulation Basis Document given by the Aspen Tech (in case if you don't have you can get it from the Aspen tech's website www.support.aspentech.com)
I am waiting for your comment.