Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Ngl Mole Sieve In Hysys

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

• guestGuests
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 02:20 AM

Dear All,

As a chemical engineer with some years experience in oil, gas and chemicals, I am now facing a problem which I cannot solve....

I am creating a simulation of a NGL dehydration unit in HYSYS, but it is impossible to create a mole sieve in it.

Has anybody an idea?

Thanks in advance,

greetz from sunny Netherlands

#2 Steve McGahey

Steve McGahey

Gold Member

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 02:48 AM

Assuming you are working in steady state, how about adding a component splitter, and set it to split something like 99.5% of H2O and other small adsorbable molecules out of your main gas stream, leaving a relatively dry stream?

- Steve.

• guestGuests
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 03:27 AM

Hi Steve,

thnx for the quick reply. rolleyes.gif
I work in steady state model

I have never used the component splitter, but I am going to try to fit it in....

regards
Mark

#4 Padmakar Katre

Padmakar Katre

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 992 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:19 AM

Dear,
If you could prepare the hand calculations based on the previous experience you can try to use the Spreadsheet Operation for calculations of the Mol Sieve outlet summary. And you could export these results from spreadsheet to the component splitter as the outlet streams specifications. Waiting for your comment.

#5 Zauberberg

Zauberberg

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:10 AM

Using component splitter is the most suitable solution in modeling proprietary reaction systems, especially when product composition is fixed and known. You can do the same by applying method suggested by Padmakar, or by building a reaction set which describes MolSieve unit. However, this is (usually) unnecessary step; if you are interested only in getting the product gas with a given composition from MolSieve unit, component splitting is the straightforward solution.