Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

International Standard Index List

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 papaya

papaya

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:56 AM

hi guys, I need help finding index for International Standards that contains the Document Number and Title so I know which document is relevant to the equipment I'm doing.

I have access to multiple (but not 100%) standards like IEC, IEE, API, ASME, ASTM, BS, IP, ISO etc but they are named with document number only so it is quite impossible for me to go tru each document to check their contents (approx 10GB of standards...). I cannot find any index regarding these standards so unless the person is very experienced or the specification ask us to refer to the number it is very difficult to find out which standard needs to be used.

And since I don't have 100% complete standard it would be helpful to have an index for each standard so i can request purchase of the standard when I look at the index and notice it's not available in our library.

So if anybody come across any index for any international standards please post them out so everybody benefits.

Thanks in advance!

#2 kimo

kimo

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:20 PM

hi their,

it is very simple. do your own search on line for the respective code in question. then when you get the home web site , click on catalogues/documents/index etc and you will recieve all their listed docs/indexes/catalogues with titles etc

you may get also some other vendors web sites (during your search) that can brovide
you with same results.

regards
kimo

#3 hamadzzz

hamadzzz

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 06:03 AM

QUOTE (kimo @ Feb 4 2009, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi their,

it is very simple. do your own search on line for the respective code in question. then when you get the home web site , click on catalogues/documents/index etc and you will recieve all their listed docs/indexes/catalogues with titles etc

you may get also some other vendors web sites (during your search) that can brovide
you with same results.

regards
kimo

thanks all ,

dear kimo if you have it pls share it with us ,

tanks for you

Thanks in advance
HGA

#4 kimo

kimo

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (hamadzzz @ Feb 7 2009, 06:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (kimo @ Feb 4 2009, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi their,

you with same results.

regards
kimo

thanks all ,

dear kimo if you have it pls share it with us ,

tanks for you

Thanks in advance
HGA

hga
you have to specify your problem first. do you want to design/specify/construct..etc a piece of
equipment ( boiler & pressure vessels, rotating equipment..and for what industry/services.. ) . there are specific codes for every single piece of equipment ,example : centrifugal/reciprocating pumps; compressors; fans; turbines;atm. tanks/pressure vessels, above ground/underground tanks, heat heat exchenger; etc . to have an excess for each , you have to be a member or buy/or pay for respective document . so let me know what is your problem?
thanks
kimo