Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Design Of A Scrubber

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 agp123

agp123

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 10:40 PM

Problem 1:-
May I request you to help me design a scrubber for the recovery of H2S and ammonia from the mixture of water vapour @ 90% wt,H2S @ 3.5%wt and ammonia @ 6.5% wt at the inlet at 100 to 125 deg C. We use caustic solution for H2S to be recovered as Na2S and ammonia as 5 to 7 % ammonia solution. What are KGa for height calculation for them.

Problem 2:-
We want to recover ammonia from a solution containing NH4Cl @ 10% by wt.We propose to use hydrated lime solution.
Hydrated Lime of 85% is available from the market.Both the stream i.e. waste solution containing NH4Cl and lime solution will be fed from the top of the stripping tower and low pressure steam will be passed from the bottom.

a) What will be the height of the tower to take care of conversion of NH4Cl to NH3 and stripping further NH3 subsequently.

Pl email to ambalal_patel@atul.co.in.

#2 ARAZA

ARAZA

Gold Member

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 12:50 PM

Hi There,

Get Mass Transfer Operations by Robert Treybal, everything in here to solve your problem.
Or talk to a reputed packing supplier and they can estimate the number of stages required and the height of one stage based on thier packing for your system.

ARAZA

Problem 1:-
May I request you to help me design a scrubber for the recovery of H2S and ammonia from the mixture of water vapour @ 90% wt,H2S @ 3.5%wt and ammonia @ 6.5% wt at the inlet at 100 to 125 deg C. We use caustic solution for H2S to be recovered as Na2S and ammonia as 5 to 7 % ammonia solution. What are KGa for height calculation for them.

Problem 2:-
We want to recover ammonia from a solution containing NH4Cl @ 10% by wt.We propose to use hydrated lime solution.
Hydrated Lime of 85% is available from the market.Both the stream i.e. waste solution containing NH4Cl and lime solution will be fed from the top of the stripping tower and low pressure steam will be passed from the bottom.

a) What will be the height of the tower to take care of conversion of NH4Cl to NH3 and stripping further NH3 subsequently.

Pl email to ambalal_patel@atul.co.in.