Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Steam Ejector Calculation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 khair

khair

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:23 AM

Hi, I need a help for expert in this process engineering side. I have 15barg steam using for steam ejector. I need to calculate how much vacuum pressure created if I used 15 barg steam pressure in steam ejector?

#2 Art Montemayor

Art Montemayor

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:45 PM

Khair:

The only credible source for determining what steam pressure(s) are needed for a certain steam jet ejector or what quantity of steam flow rate is required for a specific vacuum load is an established and recognized steam jet ejector manufacturer. No one else is going to go to the trouble of designing, experimenting, modifying, testing, and finding the empirical consumption of different steam pressure levels. Only an established manufacturer can justify all this expense and effort.

All you can do is to calculate (or estimate) the amount of non-condensables and condensable vapor that has to be evacuated to maintain the desired vacuum. You make these calculations and insert them in a steam jet ejector Data Sheet and submit it to a steam jet ejector manufacturer for an estimate and bid.

That is how everyone in industry does it. You have to work with a manufacturer because he/she holds all the know-how and empirical experience.

#3 faeezie

faeezie

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:31 PM

Thanks brondy for the reply. Currently im working as process engineer in Titanium Dioxide extraction plant. Basiclly, this steam ejector is use as a medium to create the vacuum area in order to suck the pigment and channel it into micronizer(for milling). This steam ejector is a single stage. So, do you have a calculation in order to calculate how much vacuum created by 15 barg pressure. Help me sir.....

Attached Files

#4 breizh

breizh

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 6,348 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:05 AM

Let you consider this resource ( estimate)

http://www.s-k.com/a...on_Ejectors.pdf

Breizh