Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Properties Diagram

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 ishams

ishams

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:56 AM

Hi chemical expert,

I'm trying to get the hydrocarbons' phase diagram. This is to enhance my understanding on when the ethane for example will be transformed into gas phase at given pressure and temperature.

You guys out there must be expert and read a lot as compared with the beginner like me. Really appreciate if somebody could copy me to the suitable link for the information.

cheers Pal. rolleyes.gif

#2 Art Montemayor

Art Montemayor

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:15 AM

Ishams:

Reading doesn't make an "expert". First-hand results and knowledge do.

To obtain a phase diagram for ethane - such as a Mollier diagram or a "T-S" diagram, you can use one of two sources that I know of:

1) The GPSA Engineering Databook gives you detailed diagrams of the major hydrocarbon compounds - especially ethane;

2) The NIST database (free on the Internet) will give you a tabulated listing of all the properties of saturated Ethane. To find out the URL for the NIST database, use the SEARCH feature on our Forums and you will find it in one of my threads.

I hope this helps you get what you want.

#3 ishams

ishams

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:05 AM

Hi again Jedi,

It's me again with a new question to you. What will happen to CO2, H2S named offgas for AGRU system prior to emit to atmosphere. Specifically, if could clarify the chemical reaction for typical incinerator would be useful for me.

Thanks to you rolleyes.gif

#4 joerd

joerd

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 371 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:43 AM

If you have a new question, start a new thread topic.

The answer to your question is that most of the time it will be routed to a Sulfur Recovery Unit, sometimes to acid gas injection. There are other processes available but these are the major ones.

#5 JoeWong

JoeWong

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:08 PM

As indicated by Joerd, route to Sulfur Recovery Unit (SRU) for Sulphur production while route acid gas injection (AGI) is mainly for well disposal.

Of course, another common disposal is route to (Regenerative) Thermal Oxidizer (RTO) for component breaking and disposal-off in atmosphere.