Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Need Help Immediately

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 megha

megha

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 06:27 AM

hi people,
i have cleared my aieee and might be getting chemical in NITT .i just wanted to know in which fields can a chemical engg pursue higher studies? are pharmaceutical,fertiliser,polymer the only industries where a chem engg can work?? also i am interested in nanotech..can a chem engg pursue higher studies in nanotech??can u all please tell me the other various industries where a chem engg can work??a reply will be most appreciated...

#2 gvdlans

gvdlans

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 619 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:58 AM

Instead of using a title like "need help immediately" you can better use a title that describes the contents of your post. Chances that you get good answers also increase when you pay a bit more attention to your writing, so refrain from using SMS language, use capitals at start of sentences, don't use abbreviations that nobody (or not everybody) understands (aieee, NITT) etc. etc.

It also helps when you complete your profile, so that we know a little bit more about you.

Now back to your question, there are a lot more industries where chemical engineers can work, like oil and gas production, refineries, (petro) chemical industries etc. etc. I am quite sure a chemical engineer can "pursue higher studies in nanotech" (why you think it may not be so??). You'd probably better check out with a university to see what the possibilities are...

#3 mbeychok

mbeychok

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 364 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:55 PM

Read this article to get a comprehensive overview of the industries and the types of work done by chemical engineers:

Chemical Engineering

#4 theoneajit

theoneajit

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (mbeychok @ Jun 8 2009, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Read this article to get a comprehensive overview of the industries and the types of work done by chemical engineers:

Chemical Engineering

Hi there,

You can pursue your masters in many streams of the chemical engineering, I guess you have completed your undergraduate in Chemical engg ,then you must be aware of different subjects.I suggest you to go through the different courses offered by the university.It is very important to select the stream which you like based on your interest.
I can cite some of the areas which you can think of;
Environmental, Material science,Fluid dynamics, General chemical engineering, CFD,Biochemical,Polymer( as you are interested in Nano tech polymer tech is very much related),Membrane tech,Petroleum tech.......
It is very important to go through the syllabus of the course offered by the university.So visit the university sites and gather the information as much as you can..

Best of luck!!!!

#5 Sachin Mundhe

Sachin Mundhe

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 05:11 AM

rolleyes.gif Oil and Gas is the most promissing industry for Chemical Engineers.

Further u can go for Nanotech, but I really don't know which univercities offering these cources.

#6 Allen

Allen

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 12:50 AM

First of all - a well written, abbreviation free, request is more likely to get a response. Many of us old folks aren't used to the "text message" language that the young today use.

Answer this - do YOU have any topic areas which you find particularly interesting? If so, why don't you choose one of those for your further studies rather than poll the views of members of this forum. I would have thought that you would get a greater sastisfaction from pursuing a subject which you find fascinating. Have you rsearched the subject at all?: