Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Need Help For Solving Hysys Pfd

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 samrat

samrat

Veteran Member

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:31 AM

I am working on Natural Gas Compression, involving various different feed streams entering at different compressor stages. The compressor is a reciprocating compressor with Suction/Discharge Knock out drums(KOD), Stage Air Coolers.

Different KODs will have open drain flow at this moment to solve.
Though I have filled maximum information but unable to solve through a solver.

I am attaching a Process Flow Diagram (PFD) in pdf format for understanding the process. If any one or all of the forum members shows an inclination to solve, I would be prepared to send an INPUT file for ease of efforts. This would help me to do further in the investigation of this particular process flow diagram.
Kindly help me please!!!
samrat

Attached Files

#2 samrat

samrat

Veteran Member

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:41 AM

It seems none of the members are interested in this topic, even if i upload the input file?????? I need solution in build # 7263 if possible or even older than this.
samrat

#3 abhi_agrawa

abhi_agrawa

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 216 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:45 AM

Samrat,

To analyse your problem, we need to see your input file. Also what specifications have you used for solving V-101?

abhishek

#4 samrat

samrat

Veteran Member

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:12 AM

Dear abhishek,
I am attaching the link to open the input file. this has been done in v7.2. if you have any solution, kindly give it to me in v7.2. i do not have higher version program.

http://ifile.it/ubynz8x

Thanks once again for your initiatives. Hopefully I may get some help.suggestions from senior,junior members as well. At least you started the wheel spinning.
samrat.

#5 Padmakar Katre

Padmakar Katre

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 992 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:26 AM

Dear abhishek,
I am attaching the link to open the input file. this has been done in v7.2. if you have any solution, kindly give it to me in v7.2. i do not have higher version program.

http://ifile.it/ubynz8x

Thanks once again for your initiatives. Hopefully I may get some help.suggestions from senior,junior members as well. At least you started the wheel spinning.
samrat.

Hello Samrat,
I can not access this link. Anyways from your PFD it shows that KOD i.e. V-101 is not solved and hence the downstream. First confirm that the solver is not on hold and it's active sometimes due to an error or overspeficifactions, sometimes it gets on hold. Flash drum is zero degrees of freedom unit operation. In hysys you only need the converged stream inlet to solve the flash drum. Just check the Delta P across KOD is not blank, as i.e. the second probable reason of not solving, I could anticipate.
Waiting for your reply.

#6 abhi_agrawa

abhi_agrawa

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 216 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:35 PM

Samrat,

I have an older version of HYSYS. Could you please save the input file in an older version and upload?

abhishek

#7 samrat

samrat

Veteran Member

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:45 AM

abhishek,
which version do you have?
samrat

#8 abhi_agrawa

abhi_agrawa

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 216 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:45 AM

samrat,

I have HYSYS build 6728

#9 duyuanxin

duyuanxin

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:35 PM

hi Samrat,

I agree with Padmakar.

Darren

#10 samrat

samrat

Veteran Member

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:06 AM

would somebody give me solution in v7.2 please? I would be obliged. This is an earnest request. Even if I press solver, gives an error message.
dear abhishek,
I do not have build 6728(which version is this again!!!).
samrat

#11 abhi_agrawa

abhi_agrawa

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 216 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:26 AM

Samrat,

It is an old version of Aspen one, I guess it was released in 2006.

#12 samrat

samrat

Veteran Member

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:58 PM

abhishek,
I do not have older version. So how do we tackle this????
samrat

#13 abhi_agrawa

abhi_agrawa

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 216 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:07 AM

Samrat,

Try saving the file in 'xml" format and send us. Looks like that we may be able to read the "xml" file in the older version.

abhishek

#14 samrat

samrat

Veteran Member

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:37 AM

abhishek,
I searched the toolbar under simulation.I saw the procedure given by Chemical & Process Technology, under "http://webwormcpt.bl...operations.html
I do not see Hysys XML extention to convert *.hsc file into xml format. If any other member knows as to how to do from v7.2, then would gladly convert for the benifit of all. Can anybody including you render help!!!!
samrat

#15 Ikenna

Ikenna

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 04:17 PM

I am new in this group and i really love the sharing of knowledge here.

I hope to contribute my little understanding of chemical engineering process with time.

Best of luck to us all as we explore our potentials.

Ikenna.

#16 demank

demank

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 149 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 01:53 AM

abhishek,
I searched the toolbar under simulation.I saw the procedure given by Chemical & Process Technology, under "http://webwormcpt.bl...operations.html
I do not see Hysys XML extention to convert *.hsc file into xml format. If any other member knows as to how to do from v7.2, then would gladly convert for the benifit of all. Can anybody including you render help!!!!
samrat

hello samrat,
to make a file with the format of *.xml,
you should try to click save as
then choose *.xml file extension

#17 samrat

samrat

Veteran Member

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:33 AM

dear demank,
i have saved the file in *.xml. How do I upload on this, so that the members interested would be able to open in their respective version programs of HYSYS?? Appreciate your help and response.

samrat

#18 demank

demank

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 149 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:50 AM

to upload the file (attachment) you may click "more reply options" on the rigth bottom side.
if fail uploading the file, you may try the google/yahoo/ziddu/etc drive then posted its link here.

#19 samrat

samrat

Veteran Member

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:52 AM

demank,abhishek and other interested members of this forum including the illustrious senior members,

i am uploading the file(v.7.2) in XML format. Hope you are able to open and let us conclude this topic if possible to arrive at the solution. May I have your attention and co-operation?
samrat

Attached Files

#20 Ikenna

Ikenna

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:15 PM

Please am sorry if am going against the rule to talk abt a different issue here its just that i need help. I am working on Chlorine recovery from Hysys and i wish to simulate the process using Hysys, chemcad or Pro II.

I was told its not possible on Hysys cos its an oxidation reaction. Can i use either of the two other softwares for the simulation.

I will be glad to receive your reply.

Thanks.

Ikenna.

#21 mehul

mehul

Gold Member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 07:25 AM

dear,
here is i have solved your case , but i don't know what is your process , if you can able to send me process description send to my mail mehul10941@gmail.com, pl check material and energy balance as per your requirement or not and send me your process perameter.
regards..Attached File  hysys case.zip   68.14KB   101 downloadsAttached File  hysys case.zip   68.14KB   101 downloads

#22 samrat

samrat

Veteran Member

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:30 AM

dear mehul,
Thanks for your inputs and the file. i have to go through the whole process cycle to understand also to know where i did wrong. your valuable efforts would definitely not go in-vain.

About your questions, i am attaching a Process Cycle sheet with some notings on it. i think this would give you some insights about this case.

There is one more query.
1. If the gas constitution is on dry basis, but it is saturated at its suction temperature, then where would we input the relative humidity in the program?
2. Once the step 1 is done and the program is executed, then how does the out-put reflect the wet gas?

Does any forum member have any constructive comments to offer based on mehul's great efforts and other documents being presented in this forum from time to time.

I thank all the forum members who took initiatives in approaching this case. Thanks once again,
samrat

Attached Files

#23 samrat

samrat

Veteran Member

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:11 PM

dear,
here is i have solved your case , but i don't know what is your process , if you can able to send me process description send to my mail mehul10941@gmail.com, pl check material and energy balance as per your requirement or not and send me your process perameter.
regards..Attached File  hysys case.zip   68.14KB   101 downloadsAttached File  hysys case.zip   68.14KB   101 downloads

Dear Mehul,
I would be more than glad to let me know as to where had I made a mistake and because of this the solver was not functioning. Hope you will let me know.
samrat
am981991@gmail.com

#24 samrat

samrat

Veteran Member

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:14 PM

Dear Mehul and others,
I also would like to know the following:
1. If you feed-in the gas on dry basis, but the gas is saturated at the feed temperature, then
how would HYSYS consider and converts to wet basis?
2. Please let me know where should I insert the Relative Humidity in HYSYS?
samrat

#25 samrat

samrat

Veteran Member

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:10 AM

May I have some solution to the above???
samrat