Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Free Calculation Software For Process/chemical Engineers - Sakpe

software pressure drop piping psv safety valve freeware sakpe

5 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Flc

Flc

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 03:49 PM

Dear colleagues,

I've recently launched a software which can be downloaded free of charge and that I hope will be of use for other chemical and process engineers.

I started developing this software several years ago when I was started working as a process engineer, and after some time under the shelf, I've released it for public last week.

The idea is to give the user several quick tools for daily tasks. So far I've included some "gadgets" to do the following tasks:

• Calculate separators (two and three-phase, including flare KOD and FWKO)
  • Calculate pressure drop in piping (both for gas and liquid lines)
  • Size the orifice of safety valves (gas, liquid, and steam service)
  • Calculate flare headers and two-phase piping
  • Calculate the required power shaft by a centrifugal pump or a reciprocating compressor
  • ...and some other handy tools such as a typical CS piping class, steam table, unit converter, etc.
  • Last but not least, the software can work with any unit usually used on the O&G industry, can load/save cases, and some modules support printing the output and exporting the results to an Excel sheet, which can be customized.

The software can be used on your job in case you don't have administrative permissions, and can be downloaded for free from the following web site: http://www.sakpe.com.ar. The software runs on Windows, and has no adware or spyware or any tricks, just coded to calculate.

It's still on beta stage, though "late" beta stage. Some bugs might appear (I'll appreciate it if you report them using the form on the web page).

Hope you enjoy it and I look forward to your feedback.

Best,

Agustín

#2 jessetom

jessetom

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 11:36 PM

oh thank you very much.
I hope on making a software like this.

#3 Bobby Strain

Bobby Strain

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,529 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 03:37 PM

I submitted the request form, but I don't think anything happened.

Bobby

#4 Saml

Saml

Gold Member

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 09:25 PM

Agustín,

After filling the form, it just waits...nothing happens.

Same issue than Bobby.

#5 ahmed abd elmonem

ahmed abd elmonem

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 05:54 PM

same same

#6 Flc

Flc

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:14 PM

Dear all,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback. I have checked the download page today several times and it was working fine every time. What I guess could be happening is that the mail is ending up on the spam folder (this has been reported by some users). The mail is sent almost instantly, so you should get it in one minute, two minute tops. Either case, I suggest checking on the spam folder, or otherwise just searching for "Sakpe" on your Gmail/Hotmail/Yahoo mail and it usually gives you the option to show all mails with that keyword, including those in the spam folder.

Worst case feel free to send me a mail to contact at sakpe dot com dot ar and I´ll send you the download links directly to your mail.

Best,

A.