Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Calculate Teg Dehydration Reboiler Duty

reboiler duty reboiler glycol reboiler gycol reconcentrator glycol circulation lean glycol concentration rich glycol concentration

2 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 hikariarif

hikariarif

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:19 PM

Assalamualaykum

Good morning to all the readers.

I'm a student and I have a task to evaluate glycol reboiler on dehydration plant. But I don't know how to do and where do I start to evaluate the glycol reboiler. As far as I know, firstly I have to calculate the actual duty of the reboiler at current condition, but now I stuck at the heat transfer calculation. The reboiler uses a direct fired heater. 

What I have :

- Reboiler Temperature and Pressure (362F and 0 psig)

- Glycol flow rate (2 GPM)

- Feed Gas condition (706,7 psig, 92F, 31 mmscfd)

- Feed Gas moisture content after being dehydried (10,12 lb/mmscf)

- Moisture content of Rich Glycol (6% weight)

- Moisture content of Lean Glycol (0,9% weight)

- The glycol is TEG

- Fuel Gas composition (The composition is just the same as the dehydried gas)

From those data, I can calculate the water content of the feed gas, water that is being removed from the gas, the rich glycol composition (glycol, water, water that is being removed, hydrocarbon) and its mass flow, the composition of the lean glycol (glycol, water, hydrocarbon). 

I need your help to guide me to do what should I do next and where I can get the literature. Thank You

#2 Art Montemayor

Art Montemayor

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:29 PM

You are a student and you are requesting help.

Firstly, you should learn and practice good communicating skills in order to get the help you need.  For example:

Your topic is about a TEG reboiler and yet you title your thread as a “boiler’s duty”.  That is totally false.  A boiler is totally different from a reboiler and you should know that.  This mistake shows that you don’t have an accurate idea of what TEG dehydration of natural gas is about.  You need to study the subject at hand and understand how it works.  I will correct your thread title after you read this.

You should know - or should have knowledge of - that some texts and literature regarding natural gas dehydration are “Gas Purification” by Kohl and Nielsen, “Gas Conditioning and Processing” by John Campbell,  and "The GPSA Engineering Databook".

You can buy the above literature through the internet at websites such as Amazon.

In the meantime, you can also use our Website’s free literature library to download a primer on natural gas dehydration with TEG by going to:
https://www.cheresou...gn-manual-1976/

#3 hikariarif

hikariarif

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 05:15 AM

Thank you for the correction and advice, I just realized my mistake after I posted it, but I find it hard to locate the 'edit' button for my topics. 

Thank you for the help, sir.