Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Career Development: Process Engineering

creer development recommendations oil and gas water treatment sustainability process engineering certificate

2 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Bal

Bal

Gold Member

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 06:01 AM

Hello all, 

Hope everyone is doing great.

I'm seeking your advice here regarding career development. I'm a chemical engineer graduate with an MSc degree in the same field. My thesis was mainly on NGL recovery. The results that I've obtained from my thesis work were promising and allowed me to prepare a paper that's currently under review by my supervisor and hopefully they will be published in a high impact factor journal soon. 

I started my career as a junior corrosion engineer in oil and gas (and didn't really like it) although I believe that I've gained a fair knowledge in corrosion mechanisms, monitoring and mitigation, chemical selection, etc. I've always been interested in process engineering but due to the current job market, had to accept the current offer. However, I still would like to get more knowledge in process engineering (I will try to develop this competency more in my free time).

Any recommendations for a good certificates on process engineering that can add value into my current CV and expertise? Another request, is there a certain certificate that can be valuable for oil and gas and other disciplines at the same time (like: water, sustainability, etc)? I really appreciate your guidance. 

Looking forward for your prompt response.

Thanks,

Bal

#2 Bal

Bal

Gold Member

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:45 AM

Anyone? 

#3 Bobby Strain

Bobby Strain

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,529 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 02:24 PM

You just need to find work in the area of your interest. You don't need any more certificates or training.

do what you enjoy.

Bobby