Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Naptha Cracker Simulation In Hysys

naphtha cracking steam cracking hysys aspen

3 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 6ix9ine

6ix9ine

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 09:33 AM

Hi,

I have made a PFD for the steam cracking of naphtha to product methane, ethane, ethylene and other hydrocarbons

I am now looking to simulate this process in HYSYS. Can someone give me some idea on how I should go about this? As I cannot find a furnace in HYSYS for my process.

Thanks.

#2 PRVBoss

PRVBoss

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 04:13 PM

You'll need a reactor object to convert (crack) the naphtha to lights. If you know the products you can back blend to fudge the pathway(s) and rate. If you're trying to be predictive you'll need some research. Jasvinder Singh has a couple useful papers on the kinetics and pathways in Fuel Processing Technology and Chemical Engineering Journal. 

#3 Tanhieungo

Tanhieungo

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 07:58 PM

kinetics of pyrolysis not available inside hysys. i also meet sample problem ,to solve this problem you should Spyro suite of Technip or use Kbc petrosim ,only two these software support model to simulate steam cracker

if you have source of spyro suite ,can you sent for me ? i can make medicen for it

tanhieungo@gmail.com

#4 Bitan729

Bitan729

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 12:32 AM

Does anyone have simulation output file of Ethylene cracker in Petrosim? If yes, kindly share the same...  maxpain90@outlook.com