Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Compressed Air Requirement

compressor air cannon air compressor system

8 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Mohamed cage

Mohamed cage

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 10:26 AM

hello all,

in order to optimize the air compressor system used in our cement plant , and as a first step i am calculating the air requirement of all equipment that use compressed air ( bag filters , air cannon (air blaster ) , cleaning system, etc ..) 

by doing some research I've found some formulas that are suitable and give good estimations, but i don't know if they are really valuable ( from a project for Holcim in morocco ) :

- for air cannon and bag filters :

Q= N*L*P*X ;  in  [m3/h]

where : Q : is the flow rate required [m3/h] ; N:  the number of installed receivers ; L : the volume of the air cannon receiver [m3];  X : the number of pulse per hour  .

note that this calculation is to have a first estimation on the required compressed air only ( from the manufacturer's data ) ,

your advises and opinions are valuable for me .

thank you .

Edited by Mohamed cage, 14 April 2019 - 12:14 PM.

#2 Chemitofreak

Chemitofreak

Gold Member

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 01:45 AM

Hi,

Better talk to the respective vendors for the package. It is always better. Same package with different vendors can have different utility consumption.

Regards,

#3 breizh

breizh

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 6,339 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:18 AM

hi ,

Agree with the answer above , don't forget the spare volume or spare compressor /air storage  you need in case of emergency to actuate valves ,operate equipment .. . Only you or people from your plant can answer .

note : on top of that , the shelf life of the de-duster system and bags are very much linked to the air quality . Moisture is very much detrimental .

https://airpollution...g/sonairtm.html

Above link is about a company I used to work with for lime kiln extraction  .  I don't remember using compressed air , each system  having its own blower !

Good luck

Breizh

Edited by breizh, 15 April 2019 - 07:14 PM.

#4 Mohamed cage

Mohamed cage

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 11:56 AM

thank's for your answers , 

for bag filters I've found an excel sheet that simplify the calculation  , and for the other system i will use the pump up test method , i found it in an Indian book : 

" The compressor to be tested and a known volume of receiver have to be isolated separately from the main line. Totally empty the compressed air receiver and close the outlet valve of the receiver. Also it should be ensured that there is no condensate water inside the receiver and the drain valve is also fully closed. Start the compressor and note down the time taken for raise in pressure in the receiver to the normal operating pressure (P2) from the initial pressure (P1). The same exercise can be repeated for about three times.

The free air delivered by the compressed air can be calculated using the following formula.

Average Compressor delivery = ((P2 – P1) x VR) / P x Δt       m3 / min.

with :
P1 : initial pressure in receiver (kg/cm2)
P2 : final pressure in receiver (kg/cm2)
P : atmospheric pressure (1.033 kg/cm2)
VR : Volume of air receiver (m3)
Δt : time taken for charging the receiver from P1 to P2 (min)

While estimating the volume of compressed air storage the volume of after cooler, volume of pipeline from the after cooler to the receiver should be included along with receiver volume.
Also, since the compressed air temperature at discharge is higher than the ambient temperature, the free air delivered has to be multiplied by the following correction factor :

Correction factor = Tatm + 273 / T1 + 273

Where
T1 - Temperature of compressor at discharge
Tatm - Ambient temperature in 0 °C

Attached Files

#5 breizh

breizh

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 6,339 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 04:26 AM

hi ,

A few resources about air compressor , compressed air, distribution network .

Hope this is helping you.

Good luck

Breizh

#6 Mohamed cage

Mohamed cage

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 08:44 AM

thank you for this valuable documents .

#7 Miraj

Miraj

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 March 2024 - 06:26 AM

Could you @Breizh please reshare the the resources about compressor, compressed air and distribution networks? They do not show in your post, at for now 

#8 breizh

breizh

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 6,339 posts

Posted 27 March 2024 - 04:33 PM

Hi Miraj,

Attached the documents requested.

Breizh

Attached Files

#9 shvet1

shvet1