Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Current Us Job Market For International Student

us job chemical engineering oil & gas

7 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 ChinmoyBasak

ChinmoyBasak

Gold Member

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 10:21 AM

I was informed by one senior from one of the biggest oil & gas company that they have stoped recruiting International student for the time being.

Is this the case all over the industry?

I have both interest & experience in process engineering and emerging nanotech, Machine leaning. So need to take my decision.

Appreciate your thought.

Edited by ChinmoyBasak, 25 December 2019 - 10:23 AM.

#2 gegio1960

gegio1960

Gold Member

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 11:45 AM

my 2 cents....

did you try Italy? currently, there is a shortage of young process engineers. several engineering companies are looking for them...

normally, in Italy, the requested starting quality for process engineeers is quite high, because we have several good / excellent (and very selective) university courses in chemical engineering.

a lot of chemical engineers from abroad work here.

good luck!

#3 ChinmoyBasak

ChinmoyBasak

Gold Member

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 12:48 PM

my 2 cents....
did you try Italy? currently, there is a shortage of young process engineers. several engineering companies are looking for them...
normally, in Italy, the requested starting quality for process engineers is quite high because we have several good/excellent (and very selective) university courses in chemical engineering.
a lot of chemical engineers from abroad work here.
good luck!

Thank you, sir, for your suggestion. Do they usually require Italian language skills? I am open to relocating to any country. But for the time being, I am concentrating on the US.

#4 gegio1960

gegio1960

Gold Member

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 02:15 PM

(for the time being) the language of engineering is english....

#5 ChinmoyBasak

ChinmoyBasak

Gold Member

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 03:52 PM

(for the time being) the language of engineering is English...

Thank you again, sir. I will definitely keep that in mind.

#6 Chemitofreak

Chemitofreak

Gold Member

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 06:27 AM

I was informed by one senior from one of the biggest oil & gas company that they have stoped recruiting International student for the time being.

I have both interest & experience in process engineering and emerging nanotech, Machine leaning. So need to take my decision.

Appreciate your thought.

I guess you are an Indian pursuing MS in USA. It would be a wise idea to search there first.

#7 ChinmoyBasak

ChinmoyBasak

Gold Member

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 07:04 AM

Appreciate your thought.

I guess you are an Indian pursuing MS in USA. It would be a wise idea to search there first.

I am sorry to disappoint you that I am neither Indian nor a MS student. But also did not get a your point, where it would be wise? Oil & gas sector? Thank you by the way for your comment.

#8 Chemitofreak

Chemitofreak

Gold Member

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 01:58 AM

Appreciate your thought.

I am sorry to disappoint you that I am neither Indian nor a MS student. But also did not get a your point, where it would be wise? Oil & gas sector? Thank you by the way for your comment.

I see a lot of opportunities in UK and US for process engineers, but having said that if your are not eligible to work there (with regards to work permit) then it would be difficult to get a job over there.