Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Aspen Simulation Workbook And Excel With Macros Crashes

hysys simulation aspenworkbook excel macros

7 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 maxvallam

maxvallam

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 June 2021 - 06:30 AM

Hi!

I've been using Aspen simulation workbook on Excel. In order to copy and paste my results and the input data, I've put 2 buttons with an associated macro for that.

The problem is when I save everything, close Excel and try to open again the file. When I do that, Excel crashes and when I try to open the file again, it says that there's a problem with ASW add and I have to disable it so I can open the file.

Can anybody help me? I have lattest Excel version in 32bits, and Hysys v8.8

Thanks!

#2 lnbsak

lnbsak

Gold Member

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 03:28 AM

Can you please check if Aspen simulation workbook tab loads(visible) when you open any excel? Usually Excel keep it disabled evetime we start.

We usually do it through Python. 

#3 maxvallam

maxvallam

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 03:42 PM

Yes, it loads when I open any excel file. In my case it's like always enabled evertime we start.

Can you please check if Aspen simulation workbook tab loads(visible) when you open any excel? Usually Excel keep it disabled evetime we start.

We usually do it through Python. 

#4 lnbsak

lnbsak

Gold Member

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 01:40 AM

Can you try with older version of excel? Hysys 8.8is pretty old. We are using 12 or 11.

#5 maxvallam

maxvallam

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 03:43 AM

I've been reading on the internet and I guess this is like the only possible solution.

Thanks anyway

#6 maxvallam

maxvallam

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 11:28 AM

Ok I've tried installing Excel 2013 version but now the ASW Add in tab is grayed (the Enable button is grayed). Should I install the whole Aspen pack again? or I have to move to Office 2016?

Can you try with older version of excel? Hysys 8.8is pretty old. We are using 12 or 11.

#7 lnbsak

lnbsak

Gold Member

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 11:14 AM

Strange never faced this problem. I presume you have already tried one tool named Aspen Excel Addon manager right? One thing I used to to do is that, I used virtual machines with clean copy of each backed up so I don't have to redo the long Aspen installation again and again. Hope it helps

Ok I've tried installing Excel 2013 version but now the ASW Add in tab is grayed (the Enable button is grayed). Should I install the whole Aspen pack again? or I have to move to Office 2016?

#8 maxvallam

maxvallam

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 June 2021 - 02:30 AM

Finally I've installed Aspen V10 and Office 365 and now it's better. And yes I'd used the Aspen Add-in Manager, but this doesn't help me too much.

Anyway thanks!

Strange never faced this problem. I presume you have already tried one tool named Aspen Excel Addon manager right? One thing I used to to do is that, I used virtual machines with clean copy of each backed up so I don't have to redo the long Aspen installation again and again. Hope it helps