|
|
Steam Condensate In Aspen Plus
#1
Posted 13 April 2022 - 10:42 AM
If I have a steam condensate at around 3 barg, which property method could I use in Aspen plus?
#2
Posted 13 April 2022 - 12:55 PM
If it is only steam and water, ASME is probably your best option. And, what are you simulating? There may be other software that better suits your needs.
Bobby
Edited by Bobby Strain, 13 April 2022 - 02:18 PM.
#3
Posted 13 April 2022 - 02:04 PM
Bobby is right. I think the default is the 1967 ASME Steam Table correlations. It is for my Aspen+ V.10.
But, if in doubt, use the "Methods Assistant". Click on .JPG thumbnail to expand.
Capture.JPG 86.48KB
0 downloads
#4
Posted 13 April 2022 - 02:20 PM
Hi Bobby,
Thanks for your reply! Actually, I wanted to check the properties and compare them with other sources. Out of curiosity.
And also, I was curious to see what kind of results ASPEN gives for line sizing.
Hi Latexman,
Thanks for this! I will have a look at it tomorrow!
#5
Posted 13 April 2022 - 04:13 PM
Panos,
I placed a zip file, "Steam32", to my site.You can download it. Read the instructions so you can register the library. I'll soon upload a file that calculates steam/condensate flow pressure drop using the properties generated by this library. It's much easier to use than the old basic program.
Bobby
Edited by Bobby Strain, 13 April 2022 - 10:11 PM.
#6
Posted 14 April 2022 - 03:06 AM
Is it possible to use it online or I have to install it?
I am looking forward to use it.
#7
Posted 14 April 2022 - 08:23 AM
Panos,
It's a desktop application. So you must download it. Unzip to a folder of your choice. Keep all the files in the same folder. You don't have to install anything. The "Read Me" file is for use of the library with Excel, not for this program.
Bobby
Edited by Bobby Strain, 14 April 2022 - 10:03 AM.
#8
Posted 14 April 2022 - 03:12 PM
#9
Posted 16 April 2022 - 05:23 PM
I placed a more user-friendly steam-water flow application on my website. Instructions are part of the application.
Bobby
#10
Posted 17 April 2022 - 09:40 AM
#11
Posted 09 March 2023 - 05:26 PM
https://kpatvt.githu...calc/index.html
Similar Topics
Installation Of Vertical Pass Partition Plate In Kettle Type Steam RebStarted by Guest_jigs1980_* , 09 Sep 2026 |
|
|
||
Water Draw Off Arrangement For Condensate Stabilizer ColumnStarted by Guest_hirengdesai_* , 18 Aug 2026 |
|
|
||
Verificación De Subcolector De Venteos En Aspen Flare Analyzer V14Started by Guest_Sil_Ben_* , 26 Jun 2026 |
|
|
||
Sulfuric Acid Plant Aspen Hysys HelpStarted by Guest_kazuki222_* , 29 Apr 2026 |
|
|
||
Aspen Plus Conceptual Mof Synthesis Model: Elecnrtl, Ionic Leachate, PStarted by Guest_Momo_212_* , 16 Apr 2026 |
|
|

FB





