Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Define Conversion Reaction In Hysys Using Vba

reactor hysys vba automation

3 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Ghirahim

Ghirahim

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 July 2022 - 10:56 AM

Hi all,

For my master's research, I need to fully automize the creation of a Gas Turbine in Aspen Hysys using Excel VBA.

I succeeded in automizing the creation of streams, components, fluid packages, the connexion, input of variables, etc... But I don't understand how to parameter the Conversion Reaction. 

I successfully added a reaction Set, but I don't know how to enter it and add the conversion reaction that I need.

Set SetReaction = hyBasis.ReactionPackageManager.ReactionSets.Add("Set1")

I spent a few hours looking on the web and on Aspen documentation but couldn't find anything that helped me.

Moreover, I can't access the AspenTechSupport website as some have suggested in this forum.

Do someone has a clue on what are the lines to type to parameter a conversion chamber? (I want to parameter a Methane/Oxygen explosion)

Thanks for your answers.

Lucas.

#2 Bobby Strain

Bobby Strain

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,529 posts

Posted 05 July 2022 - 11:19 AM

First, check AspenTech support site for help. Second, search the HYSYS library object model with the VBA object browser. This should give you what you need.

Bobby

#3 Ghirahim

Ghirahim

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 July 2022 - 11:48 AM

Hi Bobby,

Thanks for your answer

I checked the AspenTech Support site but I can't access the articles or documentation. They refused me access despite I bought a license...

I also tried the HYSYS library, that's mainly how I built the rest of the model, but I'm new to VBA and I don't understand how to get to the Reaction setup part

#4 Bobby Strain

Bobby Strain

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,529 posts

Posted 05 July 2022 - 04:19 PM

Is there a gas turbine model? Somehow I doubt you bought a license, being a student. But your school undoubtedly has one. Contact them via email. They are usually very helpful.

Bobby