Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Air Separation Hysys Model

1 reply to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 akkaset

akkaset

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 June 2024 - 12:40 PM

Hi...Can anyone share a simulation file of air separation process?
Thanks.

#2 astro

astro

Gold Member

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 June 2024 - 10:44 PM

I don't have one on me.

AspenTech esupport Article ID: 000057332, does present an integrated column model for Hysys that produces O2, N2 and Ar. Just grab it off the web using your esupport registration details.

However, it presents a bit too "black box" for me. I like to get a feel for the working parts of a process simulation.

This thesis:

Simulation Study of Cryogenic Air Separation Unit Using Aspen Hysys at Rourkela Steel Plant, Bhunya, 2014

appears to detail an operating Linde design:

https://www.linde.co...f-india-limited

So, if you have to build a model from the ground up, then you've got a useful starting point that reflects an industrial example.

Details of key simulation parameters (such as number of column stages) are clearly stated along with details of the process heat & material balance tables. Many write ups that I can spot quickly, exclude this sort of detail which would make it harder to use as a go-by. The author has even shared column profile data in terms of composition, flow, temperature and pressure. Columns are often difficult to converge without good initialisation data, so this go-by provides a useful assist in that regard as well.