Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Water Gas Shift Conversion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Guest_Mariazap_*

Guest_Mariazap_*
  • guestGuests

Posted 15 February 2004 - 04:41 PM

Hi I have to design a water gas shift reactor. But i cann't find what type it will be? Is it PFR, of fixed bed? Where can i find more informations about design of this type of reactor? thank you

#2 Art Montemayor

Art Montemayor

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 07:53 PM

Mariazap:

Please clear up some misunderstandings:

1) What do you mean by "PFR"; acronyms mean different things to different people. Can you be more specific?
2) Do you mean a water gas shift reactor for the following reaction (as used in Hydrogen Steam Reforming plants:

CO + H2O = H2 + CO2 + 9.8 kcal

All these "shift" reactors are basic, fixed beds of shift catalyst. Have you search the Internet? I know there are many descriptions of the process out there and even flow diagrams. Have you read some books on the subject? There are probably hundreds of books on this very classic and well-established process. For example, read Samuel Strelzoff's "Technology and Manufacture of Ammonia", John Wiley & Sons; 1981. There are literally hundreds of articles on the subject in Chemical Engineering Magazine and Hydrocarbon Processing.

I have many documents and some designs on shift converters, but you can generate similar or same information in your Engineering library or on the Web. Try it first and you'll find out.

Hope this helps you out.

Art Montemayor
Spring, TX

#3 Guest_K.Kameswara Rao_*

Guest_K.Kameswara Rao_*
  • guestGuests

Posted 17 February 2004 - 12:12 PM

Mariazap
What do you mean by PFR. You will have to design only fixed bed reactor for this purpose.
Mr.Art Motemayor, Spring, TX is right. Please go throgh the literature available in the library. I have small write up on shift reaction processes. Contact my mail address. kkrao22@hotmail.com I will be able to mail you the write up. wish you good luck.

#4 adeel99

adeel99

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 11:37 AM

Hi... I m a student of chemical engg. i need data about water gas shift reactor..i.e optimum temperature, pressure conditions , conversion etc...please suggest me some books and send me some dat..I will be thankful to you.....adeelaslam99@gmail.com
@Guest_K.Kameswara Rao_*.......I have tried sending you an email. but it was not delivered...kindly send at my address

#5 adeel99

adeel99

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 11:37 AM

Mariazap
What do you mean by PFR. You will have to design only fixed bed reactor for this purpose.
Mr.Art Motemayor, Spring, TX is right. Please go throgh the literature available in the library. I have small write up on shift reaction processes. Contact my mail address. kkrao22@hotmail.com I will be able to mail you the write up. wish you good luck.

..........Hi... I m a student of chemical engg. i need data about water gas shift reactor..i.e optimum temperature, pressure conditions , conversion etc...please suggest me some books and send me some dat..I will be thankful to you.....adeelaslam99@gmail.com

@Guest_K.Kameswara Rao_*.......I have tried sending you an email. but it was not delivered...kindly send at my address