Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Design And Treatment Of Cosmetic Wastewater Effluent

cosmetic wastewater effluent

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 TOKSYLONE

TOKSYLONE

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:42 AM

Hello friends: i have got to Design Treatment package for a cosmetic wastewater effluent. Can i get help on the methodology and procedure? 

#2 sgkim

sgkim

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 289 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 06:15 AM

Toksylone,

A great number of products from a good variety of production processes wold be involved for cosmetic plants.  Even for the same product from the same equipment, lots of wastes streams can be discharged during changing lots.  So there would be no general procedure for such wases.   I once found lots of waste streams are collected from the designated source and exported for external waste treatment.   Probably it seems that valuable materials are recovered from each specific waste stream.  

If all kind of wastes are mixed together, no simple method wold be possible - slightly alkaline or acidic water, various kinds of solvents, oils, water- or oil-soluble organic matters with high or low viscosity, inorganic pigment particles with broad spectrum of particle sizes and colors, lots of surfactants, biomath-retandants, everything you can imagine.   In that case, simple "incineration" followed with post treatment would be the only solution.

Anyone who has actual experience in the treatment of cosmetic waste stream could help you.

~Stefano G. Kim

Edited by sgkim, 05 January 2017 - 06:16 AM.