Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Book For Electrochem

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Nikunj Gangar

Nikunj Gangar

• Store Customers
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 09:28 AM

@ Sir Montemayor
Can you prescribe me a book for electrochemistry? Basically I m interested in one which which deals with various types of electrolysis cells and their industrial designs!

Regards,
Nikunj

#2 ankur2061

ankur2061

Gold Member

• Forum Moderator
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE (Nikunj Gangar @ Jan 19 2009, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@ Sir Montemayor
Can you prescribe me a book for electrochemistry? Basically I m interested in one which which deals with various types of electrolysis cells and their industrial designs!

Regards,
Nikunj

Nikunj,

Have you heard of the term googling. I just did that with the search words "Industrial Electrochemistry Book" and got a quarter million hits.

Here is the link for the first hit I got by googling:

http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/0412304104

I would like to think that all students who have posted on cheresources have done their homework before posting and the only reason they have posted is because they got stuck in their assignment and wanted some peer guidance on a very specific issue. I would also like to think that questions such as name of books to refer would only be asked rarely where there is actually no reference. But it appears, that many students have trivialized issues by not even making a simple effort such as a google search.

My advice, first do your own work and when you get stuck then come to the forum. Don't expect forum members (some of whom are senior and respected members of the chemical engineering fraternity) to do your basic work such as finding names of books.

Regards,
Ankur.

#3 Nikunj Gangar

Nikunj Gangar

• Store Customers
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 08:17 AM

QUOTE (ankur2061 @ Jan 20 2009, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Nikunj Gangar @ Jan 19 2009, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@ Sir Montemayor

Regards,
Nikunj

Nikunj,

Have you heard of the term googling. I just did that with the search words "Industrial Electrochemistry Book" and got a quarter million hits.

Here is the link for the first hit I got by googling:

http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/0412304104

I would like to think that all students who have posted on cheresources have done their homework before posting and the only reason they have posted is because they got stuck in their assignment and wanted some peer guidance on a very specific issue. I would also like to think that questions such as name of books to refer would only be asked rarely where there is actually no reference. But it appears, that many students have trivialized issues by not even making a simple effort such as a google search.

My advice, first do your own work and when you get stuck then come to the forum. Don't expect forum members (some of whom are senior and respected members of the chemical engineering fraternity) to do your basic work such as finding names of books.

Regards,
Ankur.

sorry sir! wont commit the same mistake again!