Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

How Does Control Valve Works?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 chem400

chem400

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:18 AM

Dear all,
Please anyone answer my question.When an vessel is expected to operate at two conditions,ie max. and min. ,say 6&9bar.An PCV is placed to control the gas receiving at another vessel operating at 6 bar.how does the PCV control the pressure at both condition(max and min).
Plaese explain.

Thanks in advance,
With regards,
chem400

#2 Art Montemayor

Art Montemayor

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:39 AM

chem400:

Your English writing is flawed. The sentence "An PCV is placed to control the gas receiving at another vessel operating at 6 bar" does not make grammatical sense and thus the problem is not understood.

Please furnish a clear and accurate engineering sketch of what you mean to say. Engineers communicate better with graphics. Also, ALWAYS PLACE SPACES BETWEEN YOUR SENTENCES WHEN WRITING IN ENGLISH. It is very difficult and annoying to have to try to decipher where your written thoughts begin and where they end. TWO SPACES between sentences is the normal, preferred element of style in English. Only books and printed matter are now using one space to economize.

Await your response.

#3 Qalander (Chem)

Qalander (Chem)

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 829 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (chem400 @ Feb 3 2009, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear all,
Please anyone answer my question.When an vessel is expected to operate at two conditions,ie max. and min. ,say 6&9bar.An PCV is placed to control the gas receiving at another vessel operating at 6 bar.how does the PCV control the pressure at both condition(max and min).
Plaese explain.

Thanks in advance,
With regards,
chem400

Dearchem400,

Although whatever is said by the Respected Art is very pertinent and thoughts provoking indeed!

I will slightly hint that the description of your's simultaneously talks about control of
two vessel's pressure;if I am not mistaken.

If this is the 6 barg pressure you are intersted to control and kow the modality,then this is possibly
through closing of inlet control valve opening;if that is located on incoming pipeline from higher pressure source.
Hope this helps
Best Regards
Qalander