Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Dm Water Storage Tank

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 chau

chau

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 05:05 AM

Dear all

How are you
Well iwas wondering how to decide the capacity of DM water storage tank required for given flow.
Water flow to boiler 34tph @ 23bar

I would grateful to have the calculation inspite of any figure arrived, thus will give more sense. Wait probly you may be having the spreadsheet to decide the spec for alla aux equipment required in boiler for a given capacity of o/l steam , can you forward or exude me where from i can get it

harry

#2 ankur2061

ankur2061

Gold Member

• Forum Moderator
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 05:26 AM

Chau,

I notice that you are asking for spreadsheets to be donated to you all the time for the simplest of calculations.

If I recall correctly, you are a mechanical engineer of Kurukshetra University and the way you have been putting up your posts it is hard to believe that you profess yourself to be a mechanical engineer.

If you cannot perform the simplest of calculations using excel then you surely create doubts about your qualifications and also put a question mark about your alma mater. Have you tried doing calculations on your own? Have you ever thought that, let me try to do the calculations and then post the spreadsheet for some senior member's review.

I would think that any engineer, mechanical or any other discipline would like to progress by doing his own study and work and earn the respect of his peers and colleagues. You bely all those expectations from a young and dynamic engineer.

In a nutshell, try to be an engineer in the real sense of the word, that is the only advice I can give you.

Ankur.