Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Pump Technical Specification Sheet

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 aniljani

aniljani

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:16 AM

Dear chemical engineers,

I have undergone training in Pumps and having good knowledge on pumps.
But i have no knowledge about how to prepare datasheet for pumps what we do in EPCs.
There must be some standard way of doing. Please educate me or suggest me good sources.

Thanks

AKP

#2 Art Montemayor

Art Montemayor

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:02 AM

Aniljani:

Do you need instructions on HOW to fill in a pump Data Sheet? Or do you need a prepared copy of a Pump Data Sheet to fill in?

I have several versions of Pump Data Sheets already designed and formatted in Excel, ready to fill in. I have uploaded these on our Forums many times before. If this is what you need, just tell us and I'll upload a whole set of Equipment Data Sheets made on Excel. I have used these Data Sheets on major projects world-wide many times without any problems or questions raised.

Just communicate correctly and let us know what is it that you are seeking.

#3 aniljani

aniljani

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 01:55 AM

Thanks Art M for your help.

I need the data sheet as well as what a process engineer has to do in terms of kind of calculations to perform, while filling it up? For example we have to specify the Max, normal and Min. flow rate that pump has to pump and corresponding head, NPSH and Power Requirements. From Process engineer point of view or scope, what exercise is to do? Please help..Also please upload the datasheet.

AKP

#4 Art Montemayor

Art Montemayor

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 10:18 AM

AKP:

I can’t tell you what you have to calculate or what “exercise” you have to do in a GENERAL way in order to fill in a Data Sheet (or Specification Sheet). You must be specific in your questions; otherwise I don’t know what you are referring to and we can’t teach Chemical Engineering in our Forums. We don’t have the resources nor enough time and revenue to do that.

Tell us SPECIFICALLY – from what you see in the attached Data Sheets – what is bothering you or what you don’t understand. What you are mentioning is simply common sense: “For example we have to specify the Max, normal and Min. flow rate that pump has to pump and corresponding head, NPSH and Power Requirements”.

If you don’t know this information, I don’t know who else would. How is it possible that you are to specify a centrifugal pump without knowing the Max, normal and Min. flow rate that pump has to pump and corresponding head, NPSH and Power Requirements? These are the results of process detail engineering and if you are the process engineer of record, YOU should know this.

I hope this information helps you out.

Attached Files

#5 sheiko

sheiko

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 732 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 02:05 PM

Dear Art,

I have noticed asterisks in some cells of your data sheet, what do they mean?

I also don't understand:

- what is meant by "go-by" in the indexes?
- why some sheets are categorized "draft*" AND "complete*" at the same time?
- what is the difference between "complete*" and "issuable**"?

Edited by sheiko, 12 December 2010 - 02:07 PM.

#6 csp_process

csp_process

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:19 AM

Anil,
You can Refer API 610 (for Centrifugal pumps) and API 674 (for reciprocating pumps) for detailed/scope or recommended exercise for making technical specification for pumps.