Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Valid Phase In Aspen Plus Using "vapor-Liquid-Freewater Condenser&

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

• guestGuests
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:35 AM

Dear CHEresources member;

I still working on simulating distillation column for deethanizer column to separate ethane from propane, I want to have top product (vapor distillate) that has only 5% propane. I use ASPEN PLUS column to simulate it.

Then, I tried to export my steadystate file from steady to dynamic using ASPEN PLUS but I used valid phase :Vapor-Liquid-FreewaterCondenser; in addition to get free water top prouct stream instead of 1 Vapor distillate and 1 reflux flowrate. But when I tried to export it, the FATAL ERROR message appear that said : valid phase :Vapor-Liquid-FreewaterCondenser is currently unavailable, so ASPEN suggest to use the other valid phase Vapor-Liquid-FreewaterAnystage using 3-phase calculation, but when I tried it, the simulation still red button (that's mean input incomplete),

I also tried another way by build up outside flash tank (using no condenser) but I can't meet the desired design spec for the top product; because I only has 1 degree of freedom in the main column (for bottom product specification).does anybody ever meet this kind of problem? OR any suggestion for this problem. Please sharing.

Thank you in advance. :)

Regards;

Agnesk46