Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Hysys Simulation Of Fired Heater

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 pingz

pingz

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

hello to all, i am currently doing my school project that requires me to simulate a furnace (fired heater) on hysys to heat up my feed before separating. is there any one who can teach me on how to go about modeling it on hysys? i understand that fired heater in hysys is actually for dynamic system but i am unsure if my system is steady state or dynamic. can anyone please kindly advise? it would be great if anyone can suggest any readings on hysys modeling for fired heater as i cant seem to find any. thanks!

#2 thorium90

thorium90

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:20 AM

you could read the operations guide. It can be found online. Also it would help if you describe you project. No way to tell if it can be done in steady state or if it is necessary simply by

heat up my feed before separating

That line is not helpful enough.
As a preliminary reply, I would say that since fired heaters are in fact "heaters", just that they are fired, you could model it as steady state if you know the heat input or the stream temperature of the heated stream.
But if you need to know more info like the various sections, heat transfer in the radiant, convection section, stack effect etc, then you would need the fired heater module.
But fired heater module is useful for dynamics mode (play with the flame off and on, try out other excess air), otherwise in steady state, its just as good as using the "heater" module. No difference in steady state.

Edited by thorium90, 28 January 2013 - 09:27 AM.