Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Types Of Quality Control Tests For Adhesive Tapes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Guest_Pan Yan_*

Guest_Pan Yan_*
  • guestGuests

Posted 06 February 2006 - 07:37 AM

Hello!

I am about to start a limited time internship as a chemical engineer in an adhesive tape production factory. I am told that my main area of focus will be in the optimization of the quality control of the final products. If anyone knows some links for the (physical) tests that are performed on the adhesive tapes or the procedures followed, standardisation or other info in any form, I would be very thaknful if they shared them with me. Thank you in advance, Pan.

#2 Ankur Shah

Ankur Shah

Gold Member

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 12:26 PM

my god!

why are you feeling so sick of the topic???? u should love it!!! it should be more like :-* !!!!

Ankur wink.gif

P>S: Admins, please dont get angry.. i hope its fine to lighten the forum once in a while biggrin.gif

#3 Guest_Pan Yan_*

Guest_Pan Yan_*
  • guestGuests

Posted 07 February 2006 - 01:50 AM

hmmm... you're right! I thought at the time that the green smilie would show that I am... well, GREEN in that area, a rookie. I do love it though!

#4 Ming Hooi

Ming Hooi

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 04:03 AM

There are several characteristics of adhesives that are tested for QA; including tack and green strength, peel strength, impact, environmental testing, and tensile shear test.

Edward Petrie has written a very recommendable article on the above. (I cannot link the website to you because the article is found under member's area). However, I would strongly recommend visiting www.specialchem4adhesives.com and look for the article under "article library". It is titled 'Important Characteristics of Several Common Adhesive Tests' dated Jun 25, 2003. Of course, you will be prompted to register a membership, but it is free of charge.

Good luck.

Note: For your internship task, you can start by matching their work instructions (WIs) to recognised standards from the ASTM, and proceed to improve on the areas you find lacking accuracy or significance. Another aspect to investigate is the degree of uncertainty that each of their instrument contributes to the final result (I presume you have had an error analysis course).

#5 Guest_Pan Yan_*

Guest_Pan Yan_*
  • guestGuests

Posted 10 February 2006 - 08:21 AM

cool.gif Right on the mark! I was about to register at the site you mention anyway and at the same time I spotted your reply! The article is a treasure for begginers. Thanks a lot.
Panos, Piraeus, Greece.

• guestGuests
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:18 AM

I was running the same factory and so you can post me for queries here.

adhesive tape