Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

My Obligation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 ankur2061

ankur2061

Gold Member

• Forum Moderator
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:19 AM

A young man moved into a new neighborhood. One day he saw his next door neighbor, an old man in the twilight of his life working furiously in his backyard planting mango saplings. The young man was curious and approached the old man asking the old man what was he doing. The old man told him that he was planting mango saplings which would grow into mango trees bearing sweet mango fruit after 10-15 years. The young man was quite surprised. He could not resist asking the old man what he could gain out of planting the saplings when the chances that he would live to enjoy the fruits were remote.  The old man smiled and told the young man to look at a withered mango tree standing in the corner of his backyard. This tree, he said, was planted by my grandfather in the twilight of his life. My father and I enjoyed the fruits before it withered away some time back. The fruits that will be borne by the trees growing from the saplings I have planted will be enjoyed by my children and their children. I am only giving back what I got from my grandfather to my future generations.

This applies to all of us. Give back to the younger generation what we learnt from our peers while studying and practicing chemical engineering.

Regards,

Ankur.

#2 shan

shan

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 692 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:29 AM

How does the old man do if his grandsons like money in the bank more than mango in the backyard? Just curious.

Edited by shan, 30 April 2013 - 08:42 AM.

#3 ankur2061

ankur2061

Gold Member

• Forum Moderator
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:08 AM

Then they have spent quite a lot of time with Shan.

#4 latexman

latexman

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

Unfortunately, some people do not have the ability to see the benefits of giving back.

I love mango.  It is my favorite fruit.  I pay good money for sweet, juicy mango.  Free mango for life would have meant considerably more money in the bank for me.

#5 rychurek

rychurek

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

Have a rules and share with people even we can face with unpleasant judgement.