Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Hysys And Aspen Training

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

• guestGuests
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 12:43 AM

I am very much interested in learning aspen simulation ,do anybody have clue regarding this

#2 joerd

joerd

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 371 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 01:22 PM

There are lots and lots of clues regarding process simulation. If you just want to learn to operate the program, go to support.aspentech.com - otherwise, you'll need to find a chemical engineering course.

#3 trilok_sontakke

trilok_sontakke

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 12:42 AM

Adi

where are you from?? and where are you working? I am asking this because I can find out somebody to help you there.

Bye

#4 GKKannan

GKKannan

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE (adi @ Mar 23 2006, 12:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am very much interested in learning aspen simulation ,do anybody have clue regarding this

You can learn simulation by buying "Chemshare" official software "DesignII". This is very helpful to learn the basics of simulation. This is a low cost soft ware costing around approx 200$ for one year license.

Try this and reply.

GKKannan

#5 bram

bram

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 09:53 AM

hi,
i am basically a process engineer, u can learn simulation from aspen itself.. ther is one institute in pune where aspen offers simulation course.. it cost around 350$..

#6 JEBradley

JEBradley

Gold Member

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 10:27 AM

Can I just ask - Do u have a copy of Aspen? If so what version?

#7 Padmakar Katre

Padmakar Katre

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 992 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 12:45 PM

Dear,
I am not sur that there would be any eductional institutes who can offer this kind of coachings.
You can get the good hold on these simulators only then if your orgnisation have the license of thse softwares in this case either you will get an online support of the concerned proffessional like in case Aspen plus you can arrange aspen tech trainings or an online support.
But my humble request to all who are crazy to learn about these simulators is to make your basic fundamentals strong so that you will be able to analyse the results we get after running these simulations.If we blindly go for studying thse softwares it will be a job like a data entry operator.So first do more and more hand calculation.Get your basic fundamentals strong enough and then go for learning of thse simulators cause as soon as you will start learning thse simulators ,every moment you will face problem while doing the simulations will give you good coaching.

Regards,
Padmakar Katre

#8 JEBradley

JEBradley

Gold Member

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 04:26 PM

I agree with Padmaker - Aspen doesnt make things simpler unless you really understand the fundamentals behind it. By way of example - when you run a simulation you will have to choose which equation of state to use and you have to understand fully how these equations work to be able to select the most appropriate one; the wrong equation can give a totally different result. Expect to get tons of error reports as well - to resolve them you have to fall back on your chemical engineering knowledge.

Regardless, there's a lot of info out there to help you. Ive attached an Aspen Basics document. It is available on the internet somewhere but it's possibly copyright - download it quick.

Search university websites for Aspen training modules - there's some really good stuff out there that will help you. Too many to attach here - just google 'Aspen Tutorial' I find the quality of these is much better than Aspentech's own stuff.

Good luck and stick at it.

Attached Files

#9 viral desai

viral desai

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:27 PM

Thank you very much

#10 Kundra

Kundra

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:33 PM

Can anybody guide me from where can I download Aspen Hysys?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#11 Rajesh India

Rajesh India

Veteran Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 04:19 AM

Hello Adi and others,
This refers to the website www.aproctek.com for the training courses conducted by them. I find the mention of Hysys Training. A friend of mine had inquired with them. They are allowed by AspenTech to conduct training in Hysys. They are located in Pune-India.

#12 Krish_G

Krish_G

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 04:57 AM

Dear user,

The following link may be helpful for you.

http://www.docstoc.c...Aspen-Plus?-10/

CHEERS,
Krishna

#13 walisyh

walisyh

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:20 PM

please can any one help me what are the subjects required for better undestanding of aspen hysys?

#14 marco3559

marco3559

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:07 PM

Hi, pleaz I need the files :
GeneralEqs-Starter_code.cls
PDropUnit-Starter_code.cls
LiquidHeater-Sarter_code.cls
LiquidHeater-Sarter_case.hsc
LiquidHeaterII.edf
LiquidHeaterII.vbp
LiquidHeaterII.cls
LiquidHeaterII-Starter_code.hsc
ImprovedLiquidHeater-Starter.hsc
given in a course of HYSYS,12_Developin Dyn Extensions, to simulate dynamic extension unit (.dll) with Hysys, please..

#15 T Rustagi

T Rustagi

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

Hi everyone,

Could anyone provide some information regarding TRAINING COURSE in PROCESS ENGINEERING. The course should provide training in Aspen Plus & Hysys in addition to educating about fundamentals used in process engineering.

I am from Delhi.

Thank you.

#16 chinbas

chinbas

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:53 AM

Guys search "Clarkson university hysys" in google. The website is marvelous.

#17 jitendra kumar

jitendra kumar

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:58 AM

fist you installed laptop or dextop and do problem then easy any problem to contact me. jitendrakumar456@gmail.com