Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

- - - - -

Shell And Tube Heat Exchanger Htri Message

htri last baffle

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 mvsagar

mvsagar

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:28 AM

Hi

I have been working on Heat exchanger,  i will a get a warning message saying "The distance from the tangent point where the outer-most tube begins to bend to the last baffle is 1 in" or something like that.

i dint find any thing in TEMA regarding this, Please reply if any one know what i should change in the design to avoid this message.

thanks & regards,

M. Vidyasagar

#2 srfish

srfish

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 408 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:19 AM

It is the distance from the last baffle to where the tube starts to bend. Usually this distance is slightly more than 1 inch.

#3 Jiten_process

Jiten_process

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 183 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:53 AM

Try increase Inlet/outlet baffle spacing. This will shift first baffle (and last baffle) towards inside and inturn baffle distance from the bend where U turn start will increase. Note that when u specifiy inlet/outlet baffle spacing, u should not specify centre baffle spacing, instead you specify no. of cross passes. 

Also, i guess this warning come only if you have specified outlet nozzle before (or leftside) the U bend. 

Let me know if my description above is not clear, since you havent specified a sketch i could not mark on it and presently I have no HTRI license to take snap and explain you. 

Hope this might help. 

Edited by Jiten_process, 17 February 2014 - 06:57 AM.

#4 deepak_challapalli

deepak_challapalli

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:59 AM

Hi mvsagar,

Is this issue with HTRI V7?

I have faced this issue as well. This issue arises because HTRI program (V7) is calculating a different tubesheet thickness than the previous versions and hence the positions of the baffles has been shifted along the tube length.

It should be possible to rectify this warning by adjusting the tubesheet thickness accordingly (ensure the thickness is sufficient by your mechanical team) and/or modifying the specified baffle spacing.

Hope this helps