Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

New Cheme Student

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 chemgirljaime

chemgirljaime

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 05:28 PM

I'm finishing up my first two years of college this June.. and I plan on applying to University next fall.. I'm an international student from Canada going to school in the US and I'm trying to find a full time one year long internship in the field I'm going into to extend my visa..

anyone have any advice?

As well as advice on preparing for the last two years of being a chemE student..?

#2 Guest_nida khan_*

Guest_nida khan_*
  • guestGuests

Posted 24 April 2006 - 06:10 AM

QUOTE (chemgirljaime @ Apr 14 2006, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm finishing up my first two years of college this June.. and I plan on applying to University next fall.. I'm an international student from Canada going to school in the US and I'm trying to find a full time one year long internship in the field I'm going into to extend my visa..

anyone have any advice?

As well as advice on preparing for the last two years of being a chemE student..?

hi

the best way is to see the chemical engineering hand book by perry
regards
nida khan

#3 Radionise

Radionise

Gold Member

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 11:44 AM

Hi there,

I don't think Perry would be able to give you advice on personal matter.. sigh..

Anyway, for the last two years of your study...... brace yourself! Tough it out!

I'd concentrate on the potential of yourself needing to go through a plant design project:

It's not too scary anyway, but I assume that you would embark on process plant design project, typical for any chemical engineering student. Besides putting in commitment and contributing the technical knowledge so far, you'd then suddenly realise that you need to actually learn how to adapt your style and work in a team. Don't be surprised if one day your discover the true attitude of your fellow friends (or even yourself) when you all are working in a team.

Tips for the 'technical aspects' of plant design project
-always try to relate your technical decisions with money issues (operating costs, capital costs etc) and safety issues during your oral or poster presentation, or what ever. Remember, you must be able to look at the broad picture!

Tips for the 'non technical aspects' of plant design
-manage it like a football team, must have strong team spirit and good working relationship with team mates. If not, you are going to have a slow and suffering semester.