Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Hydrate Formation Temp In Dry Natural Gas

hydrate formation feed gas temperature hydrate formation temperature pipeline lng

1 reply to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 horcruxes05

horcruxes05

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 07:22 PM

Hello. Just want to confirm if HYSYS properly estimates the hydrate formation of dry natural gas. In my simulation, the hydrate formation temp of the dry feed gas is at 22.81degC. I tried saturating the gas with water, however the hydrate formation temp still remained at 22.81degC. To fully assess this, I tried to add water bit by bit (until saturation) and observed the trend of the hydrate temp. I noticed that with a bit of water, the hydrate temp drops to negative (at the same pressure). As I add more water, the hydrate temp gradually rises until it reaches 22.81degC at a point before saturation and it plateaus from there.

Is it HYSYS fault? Or do any of you happen to know how to estimate hydrate temp of dry gas?

#2 serra

serra

Gold Member

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 02:11 AM

for hydrate phase equilibria I use a different software (PRODE Properties) but I would expect similar results with PRODE, ASPEN , PROMAX, PVTSIM  etc.
you do not provide sufficient details, post the composition (with std. components) if you wish to compare with different software packages,  
by the way, for hydrate formation you do not need free water ...