Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Fuel Gas Treatment

4 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 vinpro53

vinpro53

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 12:12 AM

Hi All

I am an application engineer working for fuel gas treatment project. Please advise on the below query

The gas composition is given to me contains the following

Methane, Ethane, Propane, i-butane,n-butane, i-Pentane, n-Pentane, n-Hexane, H2S, Co2, Nitrogen, M-Mercaptan, E-Mercapatan, diM-Sulphide, 2C3Mercaptan, t-B-Mercaptan,2 Butanethiol, nBMercaptan, and the  heavy components (hypo components) at the below mentioned conditions

Operating conditions

Pressure- 4 barg

Temperature- 77 Degree Celsius

The above gas composition consists of the chloride content  of 1,45.216 mg/lit of water and liquid carry over of 0.1 Usgal/MMSCF

Can I Include the Cholride content by converting 1,45,216 mg/lit to 14.522 percent and include in the composition stream (in hysis ) and normalize it , if the composition is exceeding 100%?

As only the liquid carry over of 0.1 Usgal/MMSCF is given, and the  output composition from the chemical treatment package should contain only the following

H2S ppm < 500 PPM

Chloride content  <600 mg/l

1. Please advise how to insert liquid carryover into composition in hysis, Can I use Mix option or insert directly in the composition stream and normalize it?

2. What liquid can i consider?  As the Gas is removed from the well pad and subsequently treated for liquid removal in three stage separator. Further it enters Fuel gas treatment package which i need to develop

Please advise on this......

Thank you for the help in advance

B.Vinodh Kumar

#2 shan

shan

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 692 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 12:37 PM

You may specify your separator liquid carryover with Rating>C.Over Setup in Hysys.

#3 demank

demank

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 149 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 11:19 AM

Chloride content means be aware for your material selection.

Liquid carry over may become as a basis for coalescer sizing.

Any heater for your Fuel Gas Package? if dew point value is one of your parameter.

#4 vinpro53

vinpro53

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 06:41 AM

HI All

Thanks for the reply ,but Liquid carry over of 0.1 Usgal/MMSCF is in the feed gas, which will be sent to fuel gas treatment package. All I want to know is, what is the liquid (fluid) i have to consider because the composition Methane to nBMercaptan is sums up to 1. So how i can mention the liquid? Can I mention liquid as a separate stream containing water and mix it with the main gas stream? 

Secondly, I have tried Peng Robinson and PR-Twu, both is not proceeding forward, but saying that it could not calculate one or more binarycoefficeint  and may consider it as zero. Due to this issue, thermodynamic properties were not calculated. Please advise what fluid package would be appropriate to use.

Thank You 

B.Vinodhkumar

#5 vinpro53

vinpro53

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 06:51 AM

Hi 

No Dew point is not the requirement , but the allowable liquid carryover has is not mentioned.

But below mentioned is the spec i need to attain through fuel gas treatment package

H2S ppm < 500 PPM

Chloride content  <600 mg/l

Please advise about the heater requirement.

Thank You

B.Vinodh Kumar