Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Heat Exchanger Design

2 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 fiqahbidamkil

fiqahbidamkil

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:35 AM

can someone give an en excel sheet for heat exchanger design calculation if u dont mind. thank you in advance.

#2 breizh

breizh

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 02:24 AM

hi,

You may consider to use the search engine in this forum , I do remember someone who shared his work .

In addition consider those links : 

https://checalc.com/index.html

http://www.freecalc.com/heat.htm

http://www.engineeri...ng/thermal.html

http://www.hcheattra....com/tools.html

Better if you can share your work for us to comment .

Good luck

Breizh

Edited by breizh, 14 February 2019 - 02:29 AM.

#3 Art Montemayor

Art Montemayor

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 11:37 AM

You have made multiple posts of the same topic.  Please stop this practice.  Read the following guidelines for our Forums.

Your original post was simply: "my LMTD is 127 degrees celsius. is it acceptable for design? i tries to lower down my temperatures but it only lowers my Ft."

I have deleted all your prior posts.  Again, STOP this practice.  I will delete all your other posts of the same topic if you continue with this practice.  You are creating needless confusion and problems.

My reply to your other post was as follows:

Kindly read the following guidelines for our Forums.  These can be found directly above your thread in the Student Forum thread list:

==== Guidelines for Posting to the Forums ======

1. Please be sure to post to the correct forums. Students should post in the student forum, while professionals should use the Industrial Professional and other forums.

2. Please do not post the same question in multiple forums.

3. If you'd like a response to your inquiry, give as many details as possible regarding your questions. Taking the time to fully explain your inquiry, including as much background information as possible, will help others understand your question. You can attach drawings or spreadsheets to help explain your situation as well.

4. Including your background (if you're an industrial professional) can also be quite helpful to those who will take the time to answer your question. For example, listing how many years of experience you have and the industries in which you've worked can be quite insightful when crafting answers to your inquires.

5. No advertising or recruiting of any kind will be tolerated. Your posts will simply be deleted and you'll be banned from further posting.

These guidelines will help you get the best answers to your questions. Don't forget to come by the board often to offer your own answers to people who may benefit from your particular expertise.

Chris Haslego
President
Cheresources, Inc.
www.cheresources.com

I seriously doubt that you will get any serious response to your simple supply of ONE basic data.  I know I can't respond to it without a full detailing of all the basic data - such as a filled-in Data Sheet.

If you - and all other students who do not read our Forum Guidelines - do not follow these simple hints of advice given so that you can obtain the maximum help our experienced members can give you, then all you can expect is a response that is equal to the quality of the query you furnish - practically nothing.  We can't read minds.

We all expect that you will put - at the very least - the same level of work and effort into your thread as our members will put into your query.

I hope you get the meaning of this message.  Chemical engineering starts with hard, dedicated work.